PDA

View Full Version : "You don't have anything"

eastbay
06-26-2004, 03:15 PM
Board flops XXY, you hold AQs overcards. You bet, get minraised, and in the chat box comes:

"You don't have anything."

Your move?

eastbay

SevenStuda
06-26-2004, 04:21 PM
FOLD

chesspain
06-26-2004, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FOLD

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed...I've done that a couple of times in home games when I have a monster and I want a call on the river. I realize, however, that I need to retire this move, lest it become a reliable tell.

eastbay
06-27-2004, 12:48 PM
You are correct. My problem is that I give people too much credit for being clever. This is such an obvious tell, that it might be very effective as a bluff. I was so clever as to be a fool. Live and learn.

eastaby

pzhon
06-27-2004, 01:17 PM
Fold with a clear conscience. Call only if you are curious whether it meant quads or a boat. A boat is more likely.

"Wutz ur kicker?" usually means a flush. Once in a blue moon, it means TPGK.

When setting you in on a paired board, "Bye bye!" means a boat.

These aren't 100%, but I've seen people call with TPTK and lose again and again. I think people don't mind that they are giving away a tell. They enjoy telling you what they have too much. They'll even say, "I told you!" afterwards.

PassiveCaller
06-27-2004, 08:19 PM
"And you do", so I fold my ace high.

PassiveCaller
06-27-2004, 09:33 PM
Second thought I like the you're right and folding better ;-)

blackaces13
06-27-2004, 09:42 PM
TYpe "quads are good" and fold.

SossMan
06-28-2004, 07:54 PM
Coffeehousing in general usually indicated strength. If you were bluffing, do you really think they would want you getting curious?

MushashiAce
06-28-2004, 08:04 PM
Consider this: he doesn't know your two cards... and since he doesn'y know, and any basic poker player who has played with fools knows callers are callers, he types it in for one reason; knowing that nthere is a chance you would have something, to put some fire under your ass and make you play.

eastbay
06-30-2004, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Consider this: he doesn't know your two cards... and since he doesn'y know, and any basic poker player who has played with fools knows callers are callers, he types it in for one reason; knowing that nthere is a chance you would have something, to put some fire under your ass and make you play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why none of you consider the possibility that he is taking this "level 2".

If talking is so obviously an attempt to get me to play, that any player should know that, why isn't it the perfect way to get me to lay down?

eastbay

eastbay
06-30-2004, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Coffeehousing in general usually indicated strength. If you were bluffing, do you really think they would want you getting curious?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Amir Vahedi said something like "it only took you a second to call him" at the final table WSOP 03, and Farha called instantly, and it was a stone bluff, and the commentary was "that kind of talk is a bluff."

Why is that kind of talk a bluff and this kind of talk obviously not a bluff?

eastbay

ismisus
06-30-2004, 06:16 PM
I should have read this thread earlier. Party's multi-table tourney, down to 20 people. I get QQ UTG, average-stacked, raise 2.5X the blind. The BB types in chat box "Stealing my blind again eh?", and re-raises all in. I knew he had a great hand, but I just don't lay down premium pairs pre-flop on Party Poker. He has AA, and knocked me out.

Btw, Eastbay, I think you're taking this too far. You are outthinking yourself. However if I ever play you eastbay, I will call you when you type "you don't have anything". However you might remember this post, and type "you don't have anything" against me knowing that I know what you know. So you'll use super reverse reverse....see what im talking about...thinking too much is a mistake too. Just play at level 2, unless you know for sure everyone else is playing at level 2. Then play at level 3, unless you know...I just play at level 2 all the time. /images/graemlins/grin.gif