PDA

View Full Version : One year-No smoking

Noo Yawk
06-26-2004, 02:19 PM
It's been one year now since I quit.
Which one of you humps put up the poll that said I'd be smoking within a day?

Coming from the waekest, dumbest man I know (me), If I can quit smoking or win at poker, then both must be easy to do. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Phat Mack
06-26-2004, 04:53 PM

My Hero! Self discipline is like other things: stronger when exercised. The experience can only make you a better poker player. WTG.

paland
06-26-2004, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Which one of you humps put up the poll that said I'd be smoking within a day?

Coming from the waekest, dumbest man I know (me), If I can quit smoking or win at poker, then both must be easy to do. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats. July 7th will be one year for me.

MMMMMM
06-26-2004, 05:36 PM
Three cheer, way to go!

I quit about 24 years ago. The smoke from the Camels was leaving little red stinging dots on my tongue after chain-smoking one long summer.

Kurn, son of Mogh
06-26-2004, 07:30 PM
As long as yopu don't become one of those annoying born-again former smokers, I commend you.

Disclaimer: I have never smoked in my life and couldn't care less if people do or don't smoke, but I vehemently oppose all non-smoking legislation.

daryn
06-26-2004, 07:30 PM
i haven't smoked a cigarette in 23 years.

by the way i'm 23 years old.

the best method is not to start, and best of all it's easy!

GWB
06-27-2004, 12:08 AM
Yes but what about that drinking habit? I gave that up years ago before entering politics. Congrats to all who are overcoming their addictions.

scalf
06-27-2004, 12:10 AM
/images/graemlins/blush.gif congrats...a gr8 accomplishment..

gl

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Nepa
06-27-2004, 11:01 AM
Did you gain alot of weight?

daryn
06-27-2004, 12:41 PM
i have no addictions /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Clarkmeister
06-27-2004, 12:48 PM
I don't mind anti-smoking legislation insofar as making it restricted to certain places similar to alcohol. Getting cigarettes out of the workplace and public buildings was a great movement. I think other drugs should be legalized with a similar eye towards restricted and regulated access.

Noo Yawk
06-27-2004, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you gain alot of weight?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I actually lost weight, as I was able to get back into excercising properly. For the first week I spent as much time being as active as possible to keep my mind off it.

Noo Yawk
06-27-2004, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As long as yopu don't become one of those annoying born-again former smokers, I commend you.

Disclaimer: I have never smoked in my life and couldn't care less if people do or don't smoke, but I vehemently oppose all non-smoking legislation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Kurn.
I never have been one to preach to others. I quit for my own reasons, and never really cared how others chose to live their life, so long as it didn't hurt anyone.

Noo Yawk
06-27-2004, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind anti-smoking legislation insofar as making it restricted to certain places similar to alcohol. Getting cigarettes out of the workplace and public buildings was a great movement. I think other drugs should be legalized with a similar eye towards restricted and regulated access.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree with you more. I also believe prostitution should be legalized for health reasons as well. There are just so many vices out there that human beings desire and will seek out. Why not make them available in a safe environment that can be taxed and kept away from those that are offended or simply choose not to be around it.
It just makes a whole lot more sense than having the profits go to criminals that have their own way of policing things.
Or does that make too much sense?

Noo Yawk
06-27-2004, 04:36 PM
Hi M6,
Nice job. Once I got past day 3 it was smoooooth sailing. But OMG, was day 3 hell!!

Noo Yawk
06-27-2004, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i haven't smoked a cigarette in 23 years.

by the way i'm 23 years old.

the best method is not to start, and best of all it's easy!

[/ QUOTE ]

And cheaper!

Noo Yawk
06-27-2004, 04:40 PM
Nice job. Keep it going Paland. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Noo Yawk
06-27-2004, 04:42 PM
Thanks Phat Mack, and to all that responded.