PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Poker is a piece of [censored]

westmt01
06-26-2004, 01:48 PM
Does anyone else get disconnected from Pacific Poker about every fifth hand like I do? When are they going to upgrade their garbage, archaic software and join the 21st Century? I'm trying to play off the ridiculous bonus requirement (20x bonus amount) from last weeks "Happy Hour", which has led to "Unhappy Month" because at the rate I get disconnected the damn thing will expire before I can play it off. What a piece of [censored] site.

MicroBob
06-26-2004, 02:00 PM
i haven't had any disconnect problems there.....

however, from the latest newsletter i am concerned about the drug problem over there:

"More PCP Happy Hours!"

afk
06-26-2004, 02:13 PM
Perhaps your connection is the piece of censored.

GoblinMason (Craig)
06-26-2004, 03:21 PM
No, I've had the same problem and my connection is great. I never get booted off of party, or anything else. A friend of mine said the same. Pacific is the censored.

LargeCents
06-26-2004, 04:06 PM
I wasn't impressed with Pacific when I played there to grab the initial deposit bonus. I managed to clear the bonus, but lost a lot with disconnects. Plus, it was so slow. They sent me a email regarding a reload bonus, but I didn't do it. There are better places to play than Pacific.

--Cents

bunky9590
06-27-2004, 10:02 AM
No disconnect problems here. I'm beating those games to over 4BB/Hour. Lots of fishies pay off with garbage.

Baulucky
06-27-2004, 10:24 AM
Greatest bonus on the net, depo/credit/withdraw play for free/reload/withdraw/play for free against the juiciest fish on the net. You are a whiner.

Webster
06-27-2004, 11:43 AM
Been playing there for a year and have only ben disconnected once.

Acesover8s
06-27-2004, 12:01 PM
Well,

I'll take both sides of the fence. Pacific's software is garbage, I get disconnected about once every 45 minutes while playing there (I am on cable and have no trouble on other sites), and the games are great, bonuses great, I forgive them for their software problems. If they ever start PLO and NLHE games I will erase all other poker software from my system.

bicyclekick
06-27-2004, 12:45 PM
It's your connection.

At school I get disconnected on a super regular basis. Like once every hour at least. Sucks when you have like KK and based on EV you just lost like 60 bucks cause you didn't get to play the hand.

At home, I get disconnected extremely less frequently. Maybe once in 4 hours at most?

Their horrible software can't handle any blips in your connection. They need to fix that before they fix all the other attrocities of their software. If the games weren't so soft I would never play there.

Beach-Whale
06-27-2004, 01:31 PM
One great thing about the Pacific software is that it uses VERY little bandwidth, which is super when you play on the move on your laptop paying $2.50/MB...

goodguy_1
06-28-2004, 04:51 AM
If they ever start PLO and NLHE games

keep it quiet when they do !

Vazh
06-28-2004, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Their horrible software can't handle any blips in your connection. They need to fix that before they fix all the other attrocities of their software. If the games weren't so soft I would never play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my take too. I get disconnected once an orbit or so when I'm 4-tabling (1 Pacific, 3 somewhere else), but when I only play Pacific it doesn't seem to be as bad. It appears that they occasionally ping you to make sure you're connected. If there's any lage at all from your end you will be disconnected. Sucks, but the players are really bad and my bankroll there was free.

I have DSL FWIW.

RiverMise
06-28-2004, 03:01 PM
You play "on the move"? Through a satellite data connection or through one provided by a cell phone company? $2.50/MB seems like a lot. How much is it for unlimited data?

[ QUOTE ]
One great thing about the Pacific software is that it uses VERY little bandwidth, which is super when you play on the move on your laptop paying $2.50/MB...

[/ QUOTE ]