PDA

View Full Version : Dealers off hours playing in daily tourney?

AStrauss
06-26-2004, 01:06 PM
Ok, I witnessed what I consider a serious problem: a not-so-good dealer at my regular poker room in Seattle was playing in the daily $20 NL tourney yesterday. The fact that he, and several other dealers tend to play in the live game as well as the tourney doesn't quite bother me, but the fact that there may have been a form of collusion at the final table.

blinds are: 800/1600. 4 players remain. 4th place is paid $150, 3rd is $250.

My friend David is UTG with 1600 in chips, BB is forced all in with his 1000 in chips. David folds. Other two players muck; off hours dealer on SB with about 40000.

He looks over at David's stack, mucks his hand to his buddy on the BB.

It had been stated earlier, jokingly that the player on BB and the off hours dealer were "working together."

Collusion was called by a couple players observing, and they were able to look at the off hours dealer's hand, who held an AJo.

The floor did nothing. David busts out next hand. The remaining 3(all friends) chop three ways evenly--even though there is a huge difference from 2nd and 3rd place in chip count.

Although this tourney is very convenient for me to enter almost daily, I don't figure I'll be returning.

Any thoughts on this one?

Abagadro
06-26-2004, 02:00 PM
I would have the same feeling. I've seen this in the houses I play at among dealers/regulars and its very aggravating. If the room manager is different than the floor who made the decision, you may want to speak to him/her although likely nothing will happen.

I actually get ticked off when they even let off dealers play in tourneys when they are turning away people who drove 1 1/2 hours to get to the place. Talk about cutting your own throat re: player base.

AStrauss
06-26-2004, 02:23 PM
as far as turning players away, yes I agreee 100%.

The place I play is about 15 min away from where I work, and tourneys start at 4:30 each day--I get off work at 3:30, so it's perfect if I want to play some relatively inexpensive poker after work. However, I live 20 min away in the other direction, so when I play, I have about a 45 min drive home(traffic is worse that time of day).

I have seen players turned away, and almost daily there are two or three dealers in the game. So, when you're sitting at the bar, waiting to see if you're an alternate it can piss you off when you see the dealers playing.

about yesterday, the dealer in question actually came into the tourney after the second level(which i don't especially mind) but others had been turned away because the tourney either had started or was full.