PDA

View Full Version : Am I too weak-tight now???

Atropos
06-26-2004, 12:04 PM
PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero calls, MP calls, CO raises, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, CO bets, Button folds, BB calls, Hero raises, MP folds, CO 3-bets, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.70 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets, BB calls, Hero raises, CO 3-bets, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (16.70 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ad 2d (two pair, aces and twos).
CO shows Ac Td (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 18.70 BB. </font>

Hi all,
you must consider when rating this hand that i have suffered from a horrible losing streak last week and now I am rebuilding my bankroll carefully. But with carefully I dont mean that I want to play scared poker like I did in this hand. I did not have very good reads on ATo man, I only knew he raised with many substandard hands, thats why i not only feared AA but also the possibility of A9, A5, A6, 55, 66...
But still, should I have capped this on all streets?

csuf_gambler
06-26-2004, 12:28 PM
if you werent willing to cap the flop then why did you check raise the turn?

i would have capped the flop and open betted on the turn

Zeiros
06-26-2004, 12:31 PM
I would have folded this hand pre-flop from early position.

That said, I think you are played too weakly throughout the rest of the hand. Given that you said CO is LAG (well, you said he raises many sub-standard hands, which amounts to the same thing) and that the flop hit you over the head, you're almost guaranteed to be ahead at that point: cram more money into the pot, the turn and river are pretty much blanks, so raise away -- if you win then great, if not don't worry about it, it happens.

It does sound like you are tilting a little, I know it is tempting to begin playing weakly after a long losing session, it would probably be best to walk away for a while and come back when you are feeling more confident in yourself.

B Dids
06-26-2004, 12:52 PM
Limp is fine, and I guess your non-cap c/r on the turn is cute. But you seem to have messed up on your attempt for the trifecta. You'll fine the raise button of the bottom of the screen.

RED_RAIN
06-26-2004, 03:39 PM
Funny how you contridict yourself. You say you want to rebuild carefully, yet A2s has an EV of 0.0 That means you need very good post flop play. Given that.

Surprised you called preflop, when (A) you slow play bottom 2 pair (you will lose money to this in the long run and/or not make as much money as you need to make this a winning hand by enough).

Bet out on the flop, a strong ace will raise you (at least this guy with his mere AT). Cap the flop, bet the turn, bet away unless he's willing to push you very hard back on flop and turn.

Such on flop as you bet, raise, 3 bet, he caps, then I would call down.

If it went bet, raise, 3 bet, call, I'd bet to the river then.

gojacketz
06-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Preflop: I guess the limp is ok here. Probably a pretty loose game at this level.

Flop: Check-raise is okay here, but I would definitely cap it and lead out at the turn.

Turn: Another check-raise? Nobody at the table probably noticed it. Fire away here. CO is showing a lot of strength, do you have a read on him? Does he push top pair/top kicker (or good kicker) this hard? Since you got the check-raise in, go ahead and cap it here and lead out on the river. If you get raised on the river by the cutoff, might be a good idea to call it down.

River: Bet out. If you had capped the turn and CO called, I might call the cutoffs raise here, if he does, but if you just called the 3 bet on the turn and led out on the river, I would go ahead and three bet the river if CO raises you here.

Gojacketz

Danenania
06-26-2004, 10:13 PM
Funny how you contridict yourself. You say you want to rebuild carefully, yet A2s has an EV of 0.0 That means you need very good post flop play. Given that.

There is no "standard" ev for a particular hand. It depends on the player and the situation. If you are thinking of the Pokerroom stats they aren't really relevant considering all the bad players that analysis includes.

Leo Bello
06-26-2004, 10:58 PM
I would have frold pre flop UTG. Cold calling a raise with A2 UTG? But then again, micro-limits can pay u off.

Uppercut
06-27-2004, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have frold pre flop UTG. Cold calling a raise with A2 UTG? But then again, micro-limits can pay u off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cold-calling a raise from UTG is pretty impossible since UTG is first to act. /images/graemlins/confused.gif