PDA

View Full Version : Auto 3 bet?

lil'
06-26-2004, 10:38 AM
CO liked to raise with anything decent. His limp means he probably has some crappy suited junk that he should probably have folded. My image is rock tight at this point, and I really thought the blinds would fold (I was wrong.)

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: lil' is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">lil' raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">lil' bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, lil' calls.

I really think there is an excellent chance he has 2 random suited cards here. Is this an auto 3 bet?

Turn: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, lil' calls.

River: (8 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="CC3333">lil' bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10 BB, between CO and lil'.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by lil' (10 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
CO shows Ks 5s (two pair, fives and twos).
lil' shows Ac 3s (two pair, aces and twos).
Outcome: lil' wins 10 BB. </font>

Zele
06-26-2004, 11:34 AM
Not a good 3-bet. Wouldn't you rather induce turn action like you did?

Unless the blinds were super-duper-tight (unlikely on Party), I think you should wait for a better hand than A3o to attempt this isolation.

lil'
06-26-2004, 11:44 AM
Not a good 3-bet. Wouldn't you rather induce turn action like you did?
Obviously I'm happy the way things turned out, but I dunno.

I mean, he has odds to draw to a 6 outer, so he won't fold to my three bet.
So you would just call down unimproved with ace high no matter what?

Zele
06-26-2004, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So you would just call down unimproved with ace high no matter what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much. Or else he wouldn't have been worth isolating with A3o.

lil'
06-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Pretty much. Or else he wouldn't have been worth isolating with A3o.

So you think I played the hand wonderfully.

Always nice to hear!

Zele
06-26-2004, 12:07 PM
What I am trying to say is that if he's going to auto-bet the turn come what may, then the 3-bet has little value. He is already denying himself the implied odds for his 6 outs by his guaranteed later action. If he's not going to, or else he's not very weak-tight post-flop, then I don't like the isolation attempt with A3.

samdash
06-26-2004, 01:30 PM
I don't play this hand after a limper. People play exceptionally loose out of the blinds in the 15/30 6 max and there is a good chance you will be 3 bet preflop. Just not a hand you want to get involved with here, KTo would be much better imo since its going to be a game of make the bigger pair. On the flop 3 bet or fold. He would have most likely folded to a flop 3 bet, but you gave him a chance to catch a K or a 5 on the turn. While he does have the odds to go for a K or 5 once you 3 bet him, you're trying to force him to make a mistake at this point.