PDA

View Full Version : Three winning hands from last night - did I play them well enough?

djcolts
06-26-2004, 09:56 AM
I had a pretty decent night last night - certainly compared to lately. However, I know that to be really good I'll have to maximize my winning hands. Could I have played these better?

(Note - I will be posting both winning and losing hands in the future - I think I can learn a lot by posting both).

(1) I was thrown off by BB's check-raise on the flop - I thought he had trips or something like that.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG bets, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, BB raises, UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button folds.

Turn: (8.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB bets, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB bets, UTG calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 8s Qs (one pair, queens).
UTG shows 3h 6c (one pair, sixes).
Hero shows Kd Qc (one pair, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 15.75 BB. </font>

(2) I tried a check-raise on the flop - is that a good idea?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero raises, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, CO bets, SB calls, Hero raises, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, SB folds.

River: (11 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, CO calls $0.25 (All-In).

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

Hero shows Jh Jd (full house, jacks full of kings).
CO shows 8s Kc (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 16.25 BB. </font>

(3) I remembered hand (2), so I wanted to make my move at the turn - good or bad idea?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 raises, MP1 folds, Hero 3-bets, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (7.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 calls.

River: (11.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

UTG+1 shows Ah Th (one pair, aces).
Hero shows Kh Ks (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 13.25 BB. </font>

Kjell201
06-26-2004, 10:36 AM
Hand 1: Ok played. I would probably raise the turn and see what the BB would do, but I understand that you might be afraid of the trips seeing how he checkraised.

Hand 2: I would wait for the turn to check-raise to gain big bets instead of small bets.

Hand 3: Good, this is how you should have played Hand 2.

B Dids
06-26-2004, 10:51 AM
A suggestion, use the highlight bets and raises button on the converter.

Hand 1- I don't like your call of the c/r unless you knew the guy as a maniac. If you thought he had trips, you were drawing dead, why call?

Hand 2 is good.

Hand 3- I'd lead, if only because based on the hands I'm seeing at this table, it was so loose they'd call anything.

djcolts
06-26-2004, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A suggestion, use the highlight bets and raises button on the converter.

Hand 1- I don't like your call of the c/r unless you knew the guy as a maniac. If you thought he had trips, you were drawing dead, why call?

Hand 2 is good.

Hand 3- I'd lead, if only because based on the hands I'm seeing at this table, it was so loose they'd call anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll remember to do that next time I use the converter.

Hand 1 really confused me - there's a good case that I should have folded, but the pot was going to be pretty big - it was one more SB to call, then I had top pair with a nice kicker at the turn, then I was stuck. I was stunned when I won the pot.