PDA

View Full Version : First High Stakes Post: 15/30 Hand

Chris Daddy Cool
06-26-2004, 02:52 AM
Taking my first stabs at the Party 15/30 games
I believe my table image to be solid tight. I haven't shown down any stinkers or done anything too stupid on this table (yet).

I'm UTG+2 and open raise with 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif I get one cold caller and the BB 3bets. Me and the coldcaller call.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets. I raise. Other guy folds. BB calls.

TURN: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets. I think about raising, but call.

RIVER: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks. I bet. BB calls.

Not too interesting of a hand, I'll admit, but how'd I do?

badinfluence
06-26-2004, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe my table image to be solid tight. ... I'm UTG+2 and open raise with 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

well you fixed that problem!

I'd say your toast. However, if this is your first post, I bet there is some "aha" to this.

In general, bad preflop raise.
Turn = raising is bad
River = i don't know how you are betting and you think you'd get value. you think he has a worse 8?

Chris Daddy Cool
06-26-2004, 07:12 AM
Preflop raise was... um... yea.. but I do this from time to time and it does do some good. HEPFAP even advocates doing this once in a while.

But once I raised the flop and BB didn't 3bet me, I was fairly confident that he had just overcards.

I picked up the OESD on the turn and wanted to semibluff there, but realized that if he did have overcards he'd still be getting correct odds to call anyways, but if he missed on the river he may still want to bet into me, rather than check/folding the river unimproved if I had raised the turn.

When he checks the river, I think I have a clear value bet as I've seen several players on this table take A high all the way to a showdown, but am willing to lay down to a c/r.

7Dave
06-26-2004, 07:39 AM
Preflop I don't think u have to mix it up too much unless proven otherwise. I have no big problem with it though. The flop and turn is ok imho, the river I don't think you have any value here most of the time

/d

bunky9590
06-26-2004, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe my table image to be solid tight

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you owe me a beer now after I just spit it out all over the computer monitor. That was funny.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: 8 T 6

BB bets. I raise. Other guy folds. BB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, beings that you are involved in this hand, I would call here and not raise. If he has AK you are ahead.

[ QUOTE ]
TURN: 5

BB bets. I think about raising, but call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't think about raising here, I WOULD raise him here. If he has AK he's laying it down most likely to the raise, but who knows at Party.

River I woudl check behind if he did call my turn raise.

Chris Daddy Cool
06-26-2004, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, you owe me a beer now after I just spit it out all over the computer monitor. That was funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post is dated at 8:45 a.m. EST.... what are you doing drinking a beer that early in the morning? /images/graemlins/blush.gif