PDA

View Full Version : On the Bubble

recreo12
06-26-2004, 02:00 AM
I was recently in a $109 single table tournament at Party and this hand came up. I want an opinion on if I made the right play. Here is how it went. There are four players left blinds $150-$300. I am SB with $2500 in chips BB has $105 in chips UG $4800 and Button $2700. I have AQo. UG Folds Button who has been raising a lot and not a very good player makes it $800. I feel pretty confident I have the best hand by the way he had been playing, but I dont want to go out 4th. I can guarantee myself 3rd and probably at least out play the guy on the button for 2nd. I folded, but should I have moved in here? Also I am not sure what happens if the at the end of the hand the button has the best hand, BB has the next best, and I dont improve. Do I get 4th or does the BB?

The result was: Button had Q7o and the BB had 46 and no one improved and the button won the hand.

Roman
06-26-2004, 02:56 AM
BB would get 4th as he had less chips.

I would probably either push or call if you think he will check it down with you if he doesnt hit anything.

C M Burns
06-26-2004, 04:07 AM
those are tricky, I would lead toward calling and betting reasonably on almost any flop, if you raise leave yourself a reasonable amount of chips, anyone in that situation who reraises you most likley has a strong hand. plus if you call bet the flop and get called or raised and u have nothing, he should at least take care of the bb, locking up 3rd.