PDA

View Full Version : This can't be right

Zog
06-26-2004, 12:19 AM
Single table NL tournament at Gaming Club. Of the four players left I'm the short stack. I payed the BB of 640 and find I'm dealt 22. I have exactly 300 left at this point - not enough to cover the SB. The other players are all around 3000 each.

UTG raises all-in, slight chip leader in MP reraises all-in and the button calls all in! Couldn't be a better time to put my measly 300 in the pot. From this point on, the Gaming Club software deals this out in a couple seconds... way too fast for me to catch all the details. UTG turns over 99, MP turns over KQs I think and the button turns over TT. I can't recall the flop with any accuracy, but it's immaterial to this post. No one improves their hand except lucky me when I catch a third 2 on the river. Then the software shuts down the table and gives me first place. There was at least one sidepot, but the tournament ended anyway. I would have thought that the winner of the sidepot(s) and I should have kept playing. Am I missing something or is this faulty software? I'd be annoyed if I were the guy holding the second best hand.

triplc
06-26-2004, 12:36 AM
Hello, fellow Western Massachusettsian (can't really be the right word, but oh well).

You are right to think that there's a problem there. There's a possibility that all four of you should continue to play if the scenario works out that you have the best hand, and TT had the 3rd stack, 99 had the 2nd stack and KQ was the big stack.

Anyhow, welcome to 2+2...I haven't been posting in a while, but it's good to be back.

Play well,

CCC