PDA

View Full Version : Play-along hand with 88

bdk3clash
06-25-2004, 08:54 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

CO is loose but not particularly aggressive. The limpers are loose and generally passive as far as I can tell.

Preflop
Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
bdk3clash has 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif and is CO

UTG limps, EP1 limps, EP2 raises, bdk3clash...

Jaran
06-25-2004, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CO is loose but not particularly aggressive... bdk3clash...is CO

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a particularly flattering way to describe yourself /images/graemlins/wink.gif
but if that's your read, then I call.

-Jaran

bdk3clash
06-25-2004, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
CO is loose but not particularly aggressive... bdk3clash...is CO

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a particularly flattering way to describe yourself /images/graemlins/wink.gif
but if that's your read, then I call.

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe--good eye. Unfortunately, my read may be accurate.

(I was actually attempting to describe EP2, the open-raiser.)

B Dids
06-25-2004, 10:08 PM
Calls, but I feel like I could make a case for raising or folding as well.

bdk3clash
06-26-2004, 02:17 AM
OK, here's where it gets fun.

The SB (3-bettor) is loose and pretty aggressive.

bdk3clash has 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif and is CO

UTG limps, EP1 limps, EP2 raises, bdk3clash calls, Button folds, SB 3-bets, BB folds, UTG folds, EP1 calls, EP2 calls, bdk3clash calls

Flop(15 SB): 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, EP1 calls, EP2 calls, bdk3clash...

sublime
06-26-2004, 02:20 AM
Raise the flop, get the trapped money while you can.

bdk3clash
06-26-2004, 02:23 AM
Despite what the converter says, I actually played this hand on Empire, which does not have the new Party bad beat jackpot tables.

However, if I was playing this on a table with a bad beat jackpot, how would my strategy differ, if at all?

Jaran
06-26-2004, 02:55 AM
...calls, planning to go crazy on the turn.

-Jaran

sfer
06-26-2004, 09:35 PM
A raise now will better disguise your hand. If you raise the turn everyone knows you have an 8. Overpairs aren't folding the flop and overcards with a big spade aren't folding either. If you're lucky, SB has a big pair and re-pops you. Then you can smoothcall and repeat on the turn.

bdk3clash
06-26-2004, 09:42 PM
I'm starting to realize this hand sucks as a play-along hand. Maybe I was just posting it to gloat about quads.

Anyway, I ended up just calling the flop. The turn and river were straightforward enough--I guess I was mainly interested in input on whether to slowplay these or not. As usual, I think Dave's analysis is probably correct, although I think in this specific hand the way I played made me more money than raising the flop would have.

Here's the whole hand.

UTG limps, EP1 limps, EP2 raises, bdk3clash calls, Button folds, SB 3-bets, BB folds, UTG folds, EP1 calls, EP2 calls, bdk3clash calls

Flop(15 SB): 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, EP1 calls, EP2 calls, bdk3clash calls

Turn(9 1/2 BB): K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets, EP1 raises, EP2 calls, bdk3clash 3-bets, SB folds, EP1 calls, EP2 calls

River(19 1/2 BB): 7/images/graemlins/club.gif

EP1 checks, EP2 checks, bdk3clash bets, EP1 calls, EP2 calls

EP1 had K/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gif, EP2 had Q/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/club.gif. Shockingly, MHIG.

Comments appreciated.

JudgeRW
06-26-2004, 10:06 PM
I smooth call the flop and wait until the turn to start capping if I can.