PDA

View Full Version : ugh, i need stronger protection

kyro
06-25-2004, 08:47 PM
OK, I guess my question, I have to call the all-in here right? I have a decent flush draw and top pair with decent kicker. I've got my outs...I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.01 BB (6 handed)

SB ($$0.86)
Hero ($$1.96)
UTG ($$1.84)
MP ($$2)
CO ($$2.17)
Button ($$0.94)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP posts a blind of $0.02.
UTG calls $0.02, MP (poster) checks, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero raises to $0.08, UTG folds, MP calls $0.06, SB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.28) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB bets $0.78 (All-In), Hero raises to $1.56, MP folds.

Turn: ($2.62) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($2.62) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $2.62

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Jd 4d (two pair, jacks and fours).
Hero shows Js Qs (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: SB wins $1.84. Hero wins $0.78. </font>

tewall
06-25-2004, 08:58 PM
You can get an estimation of your chance of winning the pot by multiplying the number of rounds times your outs times 2. Here you have 9 outs (or a little more), so estimate your chance take 9 * 2 * 2 = 36, or a little better than 1 in 3. Taking into account that you might be ahead, and if hitting a Jack might be good, your chances are even better. Since he's betting 78 to win 28, that's about 3 to 1, so you have a clear call.

Your raise was good. This is a good hand to raise with as in addition to your outs you may have fold equity (this would be more pertinent if you just had the draw).