PDA

View Full Version : I used to be good but now i'm crap

BadgerAle
06-25-2004, 06:23 PM
I used to make $200 a week profit on ladbrokes and party poker- 25-50 and 50-1$. but now I've got got a new place and I've started to budget it into my rent payments i can't stop losing. Anyone else find this? I am sure it's a psychological thing but can't seem to sort myself out.

this wasn't the plan.
someone please advise me

SossMan
06-25-2004, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
someone please advise me

[/ QUOTE ]

fold preflop

SkippingGoat
06-25-2004, 07:54 PM
How long did you maintain the $200/wk win rate?
How many hrs/hands did you play per week?
How long has has your slump been?
Have you made any conscious strategy adjustments?
What's your general playing style?
Looking at major hands/sessions that you've lost, do you feel like your downfall has been primarily a result of bad decisions, bad luck, or a combination of both?

I think the answers to all these questions are neccessary before you can get any meaningful advice.

BadgerAle
06-25-2004, 08:29 PM
sorry I should be more specific,
my $200/week was my high point lasting about a month, I have been playing about 8 months with winnings varying from $50-$200/week. my losing period has lasted a month so far. I have had some bad luck but must put my situation down to bad play- or a general bad approach to playing. I think it might be because i am too faithful to my own self-imposed rules of play but can't seem to break them,this could be caused by a lack of interest in poker playing as a opposed to the money making aspect. i can anylyse it ok but some practical advice would be nice please.

Sandstone
06-25-2004, 10:01 PM
So you budgeted for earning the most you've earned in a single month, every month... That's just irresponsible.

You also say you want advice, but you give us no data. What exactly are we supposed to critique? Post some hands if you want help.

Samiam888
06-26-2004, 12:19 AM
Don't budget your poker winnings into your rent until you've been playing a lot longer than 8 months... Jeez, look up "hubris" in the dictionary...

As a matter of fact, you've got it totally backward. Budget your bankroll contribution OUT of your regular earnings, and invest any excess winnings...

--Samiam--

Daann
06-26-2004, 05:03 AM
If you hadn't budgeted your winnings into the rent, then I would say take a total break for a week then spend some more time just going over your play. You're probably just feeling more pressure because you have to win and so you are making less than optimal decisions.