PDA

View Full Version : quite a run

secada
06-25-2004, 03:02 PM
Well, I am on quite a run playing NL SNG's on Party. My Pokertracker is on my home pc and I am at work but I believe I have now played 8 consecutive SNG's without finishing ITM. All 8 times when I pushed I was ahead (e.g. last night pushed AA PF, called by QQ, Q on river…we both had ~ 1200 c) 8 times I was outdrawn. Oh well.

Not looking for sympathy or here to bitch about suckouts. I don’t think posting my AA hand with “Should have I have pushed?” in the title has much value. Just wanted to let anyone who is going through something similar that they're not alone.

-secada

Eder
06-25-2004, 03:18 PM
well after my 1st 100Sng my roi was over 50%...my last 20 I been sucking rocks...constantly getting outdrawn....I just sucking it up and trying to play solid still...but getting tired of 4th places...I keep telling myself to be patient and dont start pushing too hard...hope I snap out of it, pokers more fun when you win

pzhon
06-25-2004, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All 8 times when I pushed I was ahead

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are ahead almost every time you are called, you probably aren't pushing enough. You may be waiting too long for premium hands. Pick up the blinds more, and then have your opponent covered when he/she calls. Then suck out a large fraction of the time anyway.

secada
06-25-2004, 04:35 PM
pzhon,

My bad, I was just talking about that hands that sent me packing. There have been times during the streak that I have pushed and won the hand (Not many though, so your point is valid). Also, I realize that if I have say 275c and push and the BB has 2500c he will call me with any two cards.

That being said I definitely agree that I need to push more/steal blinds more/bet pot when everyone shows weakness more. It's funny though because I have been up against some really bad players calling all-ins during level 2 with A4o. It's made me too tentative.

Anyways, I appreciate the responses.

-secada

joker1976
06-25-2004, 08:13 PM
I have already whined in another post, but party still hates me, so I have to keep venting. For last couple of days I can barely win a single tournmanet, unbelievable suckouts continue to come. K high flush, lost to A high flush with only 3 suited cards on board, flopped trips lost to runner runner straight, no bluff or semi bluff can ever work, opponent always hold a monster, AA only wins half the time(11 records), KK, QQ, JJ can hardly win(last 19 preflop allin only won 6 and miracly nearly nobody ever folds, only 2 fold), people call allin with A9s, 88, 78s are so confident to beat me and they are right, if Ace doesn't come, trips or two pair will come. Now I have reached 4000 games, the more I play the worse luck I have, my first 500 games had a good 35% ROI, now it slowly dropped to 24% ROI.

deck change? or site change?

Hood
06-26-2004, 06:07 AM
I think the tide is finally turning for me. After about 10 days any 50 SNGs with a -ROI, I decided this morning was going to be the turn around. So far 4 SNGs, 2 1sts, 1 3rd, and 1 4th.

Eder
06-26-2004, 10:13 AM
Well I'm still struggling...tryed to play more agressive...won the 1st one after rivering with over cards/stealing blinds with nothing/pushing my stack rather than folding, but lost 3 in row pushing late in game with AQs(lost to AA in SB)...pushed AK preflop (lost to 99)...pushed with 88 (lost to KQ) ...

Think I need to get back to just raising with these hands unless I real shortstacked...I don't know why I pushed with the AQ...thinking about it I think its a symptom of my running bad and at the time seemed like a good idea...normally from MP I would just raise this 3xBB and fold if someone comes over top...but during this bad streak it seems I always getting smooth called then looking at unfavorable flops.
The harder I try to make a hand the deeper trouble I'm getting into...well...it's a learning experiance if nothing else...
I think my strategy today will be to tighten up more...and will only push preflop with AA KK...and wait for position before getting aggressive with top pairs etc..