PDA

View Full Version : How did I play this AKs?

rick6668
06-25-2004, 02:21 PM
First time poster... (Been reading here for a while)
I think Maybe I should have not 3 bet the river, otherwise....?

First hand of the day.. hope it doesn't keep up like this...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Ks, As. MP3 posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, CO raises, Button calls, SB folds, Hero 3-bets, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 7h, 3s, Qs (4 players)
Hero bets, MP2 calls, CO raises, Button 3-bets, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO caps, Button calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (14.75 BB) Kd (4 players)
Hero bets, MP2 folds, CO raises, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (18.75 BB) 7s (2 players)
Hero bets, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, CO caps, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 26.75 BB

Songwind
06-25-2004, 02:35 PM
Why do you think you shouldn't have 3-bet the river?

The way I see it, you're only vulnerable to four of a kind and full house, yet CO capped the betting pre-flop. I would expect him to be on AA or KK, which gives him two pair. He could have QQ, giving him the boat and sinking your chances, but I wouldn't expect a pre-flop cap with that (maybe I'm wrong).

Jaran
06-25-2004, 02:37 PM
Hey Rick,
Welcome to the forum. There are a couple things I would do differently. First I would checkraise the turn, though I don't think the bet and call a raise is bad. On the river, I think you are against a set of Q's which just filled up at the same time you did. I would call the raise.

-Jaran

rick6668
06-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the return posts....
I'm just having a hard time when I run into a hand like this... I try not to go on tilt, dealt TT next hand and lost to a higher full house.

Thanks...

tardigrade
06-25-2004, 03:33 PM
For me, this would be a tough one to back away from. I would initially put CO on AQ due to the pre-flop action, but by the time he's capping the flop I get a bit suspicious of QQ. When the K comes up on the river, I think I'm betting out again, but the raise in the face of a king showing makes me even more nervous about QQ as opposed to AQ, and I'm just calling. How can you not bet the river, though? Maybe I'd just call the raise. I suspect you're beat, but these cards just kept teasing more money out of you. What else are you going to do?