PDA

View Full Version : what to get on stars? playing cards?

crockpot
06-25-2004, 02:10 PM
i suddenly found myself with a bunch of FPPs on stars and wondering what do spend them on. anyone have a review of the merchandise there and can recommend something?

i'm thinking about investing in the plastic coated playing cards. are they kem quality, or more like bicycle/bee?

Paluka
06-25-2004, 02:18 PM
The cards are not great. The chips are awesome. I'd save up for those. I have one set and another on the way.

Sundevils21
06-25-2004, 02:35 PM
I use them for satellites. Usually they have 500FPP satellites with about 180 people and top 9 win a seat into sunday $215 tournament. I'm reletivly new to stars, yet I've played in 10 such FPP tourny's and won a seat in 3 of them. Each time I've wussed out and taken the tounament bucks(instead of playing the big one). So I've spent 5000 FPP's and made 645 tournament dollars which I think is more valueable than chips or cards. You could buy more chips with the money you win than using the points imho. Hope that helps.

PokerKId
06-26-2004, 04:21 AM
You might also want to consider that playing in such events, although beter EV in terms of using the FPPs, may be -EV compared to time/effort it may take away from higher EV activities. This probly all depends on the stakes you normally play etc. Im not sure how long these take but for someone who plays winning higher limit poker this time is probly better spent playing their game and taking a slight hit in the value of their FPPs.

Just a thought.

JayLeno
06-26-2004, 06:32 AM
Ive got the cards also. I like them. As far as Im concerned it is KEM cards. They are just like the other kem cards I bought in Vegas.

MicroBob
06-26-2004, 01:29 PM
yeah....the EV of the time spent is a valid point.

but there are some sat's that cost 500 FPP's to buy-into which isn't bad (a $25 multi or so maybe???).

however, you might still be better off getting 700 stress-stars.