PDA

View Full Version : Lame movie lines

Rushmore
06-25-2004, 01:59 PM
From decent movies. Otherwise, it would be shooting fish in a barrel.

A few nominees to get us going:

"Get away from her--YOU BITCH!!!" (Aliens)

"Charging a man with murder around here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500" (Apocalypse Now)

"I am an officer in the Unites States Navy, and you're under arrest, you SON OF A BITCH." (A Few Good Men)

"You talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?" (Full Metal Jacket)

"One-eyed Jack wants to go a-peepin in a fish store." (Wild At Heart)

"I tell you, those voices SOARED" (The Shawshank Redemption)

These are off the top of my head. The reason they stand out, I think, is because they are islands of badness in otherwise good seas.

See, it's rubbing off.

ThaSaltCracka
06-25-2004, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"I am an officer in the Unites States Navy, and you're under arrest, you SON OF A BITCH." (A Few Good Men)

[/ QUOTE ]
This has to be #1, I cringe everytime I hear it.

RollaJ
06-25-2004, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"I tell you, those voices SOARED" (The Shawshank Redemption)

[/ QUOTE ]
Watch the movie 10 more times in a dark room with no distractions and tell me that line didnt add to the movie. You have to feel the movie, imagine being locked up in there, imagine not being outside those walls for 20 years, imagine not hearing music for 20 years..... the movie is all about that

nicky g
06-25-2004, 07:06 PM
Not a great film but this line stands out nonetheless: Croupier, when the narrator says : "And that was when he realised, it wasn't Jack - it was Jake."

Carlito's Way, a great film, when they;re about to get it on and she says "Where's my cheesecake?"

Rushmore
06-25-2004, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Watch the movie 10 more times in a dark room with no distractions and tell me that line didnt add to the movie. You have to feel the movie, imagine being locked up in there, imagine not being outside those walls for 20 years, imagine not hearing music for 20 years..... the movie is all about that

[/ QUOTE ]

I own the movie; I like the movie. I even like that part of the movie, and the sentiment being conveyed.

I understand your point, but I just take exception with the line and the delivery of the line, that's all. Maybe it's the "I tell you," or maybe it's the word "soared," or maybe it's the inflection, but I just don't like it.

Hey. I just thought of another one. This might be the best one. Here goes:

When Uma Thurman tells Vincent Vega "Don't be a ___" and then does that outline of a rectangle, of all things!

I am annoyed by this every single time I see Pulp Fiction.

Glenn
06-25-2004, 09:16 PM
The worst line from The Shawshank Redemption is:

"Chess, now there's a game of kings"

Who says stuff like that? And why isn't someone pulling the band from his underwear over the back of his head when he does?

"Get off my plane!"

The whole exchange between the two sons and their father at the internment camp in Red Dawn, culminating in the triumphant...

"Sons...Avenge me...AVENGE ME!!!!"

Rushmore
06-25-2004, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Get off my plane!"

The whole exchange between the two sons and their father at the internment camp in Red Dawn, culminating in the triumphant...

"Sons...Avenge me...AVENGE ME!!!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

These last two do not meet the qualification of having been uttered in a decent movie.

Sorry. Good day. Thank you for playing.

I said GOOD DAY.

Glenn
06-25-2004, 09:41 PM
From previous posts, I was led to believe that I was the only one here who thinks Air Force One doesn't deserve 4 stars.

Red Dawn is the greatest teen guerilla warfare against communists movie of all time.

Oh, and I would lose the FES impersonation.

Rushmore
06-25-2004, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and I would lose the FES impersonation

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like good advice.

BeerMoney
06-25-2004, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

When Uma Thurman tells Vincent Vega "Don't be a ___" and then does that outline of a rectangle, of all things!

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree.. I watch Pump Friction, I mean Pulp Fiction last night, and when I first saw the movie, I thought the whole movie was SOOO cool, but there were definitely a handful of lame parts in the movie that tried to be hip or deep..

CCass
06-25-2004, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thurman does this again in Kill Bill: Volume 1

stripsqueez
06-25-2004, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I totally agree.. I watch Pump Friction, I mean Pulp Fiction last night, and when I first saw the movie, I thought the whole movie was SOOO cool, but there were definitely a handful of lame parts in the movie that tried to be hip or deep..

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree

i thought this bit was perfect - i think the film is about lame movies

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Daliman
06-26-2004, 12:41 AM
Cincinnati Kid- "Shooter folded a king!"
Gladiator "Unleash Hell!"

My nomination for the BEST line( actually exchange) of all time:(not verbatim)

After walking into a moderately full saloon holding a shotgun, outside of which the body of his dead freind is on display and burning
William Munny: Who's the fella owns this s*@#hole?
Barkeep: I-I own this establishment. Bought it from Greely for a thousand dollars
Munny shoots Barkeep in the chest, killing him.
Little Bill: Well sir... You are a cowardly sonofabitch because you have just shot down an unarmed man.
William Munny:He should have armed himself if he was gonna decorate his saloon with the body of my friend.

Daliman
06-26-2004, 12:43 AM
Isn't it Fez?

Rushmore
06-26-2004, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cincinnati Kid- "Shooter folded a king!"
Gladiator "Unleash Hell!"

My nomination for the BEST line( actually exchange) of all time:(not verbatim)

After walking into a moderately full saloon holding a shotgun, outside of which the body of his dead freind is on display and burning
William Munny: Who's the fella owns this s*@#hole?
Barkeep: I-I own this establishment. Bought it from Greely for a thousand dollars
Munny shoots Barkeep in the chest, killing him.
Little Bill: Well sir... You are a cowardly sonofabitch because you have just shot down an unarmed man.
William Munny:He should have armed himself if he was gonna decorate his saloon with the body of my friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although it is a great exchange, we must request that you refrain from posting responses which do not fit the criteria outlined in the initial post.

Thank you.

Daliman
06-26-2004, 01:04 AM
Gladiator won best movie oscar
Cincinnati Kid is considered a good movie, except by anyone who knows anything about poker.

Nanny Nanny boo boo

Glenn
06-26-2004, 01:29 AM
"Isn't it Fez? "

No. His name is actually an acronym for "Foreign Exchange Student".

SossMan
06-26-2004, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I said GOOD DAY.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhh..bonus points for anyone who can name this film...

hint: it wouldn't fit the criterion from the initial post
hint2: yes, you have seen it.

astroglide
06-26-2004, 02:59 AM
i never saw the movie, but the trailer for "murder at 1600" always killed me. wesley snipes is outside the white house, and there were approximately 64837264863276478 police cars around. he's on a cell phone and says, "there's been a murder at 1600 pennsylvania avenue: an address that breaks all the rules". hilarious line, and who exactly WOULDN'T know by then?

youtalkfunny
06-26-2004, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I said GOOD DAY.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhh..bonus points for anyone who can name this film...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't it,

WW: It's all there, in black and white, plain as day, clear as chrystal! You stole fizzy lifting drink...so you get NOTHING. You LOSE. Good DAY, sir.

GJ: You're a crook. You're a cheat and a swindler! How dare you, build up a boy's hopes, then smash all his dreams to pieces? You're an inhuman monster!

WW: I said, GOOD DAY!

BTW, back to the topic, my pick for worst line in a good movie would be the Good Witch telling Dorothy, "Oh, you could've went home any time you wanted to!"

Rushmore
06-26-2004, 08:25 AM
I was referring to the latter half of your post. The former half fulfilled the requirements outlined in the original post, and therefore qualified for consideration.

The second half of your post unfortunately invalidated, voided, and otherwise negated any positive effect the second half might have had.

I said good day.

Kurn, son of Mogh
06-26-2004, 09:17 AM
From "The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms."

Scientist: "Ever use a grenade launcher?"
Soldier: "Pick my teeth with it."

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

BonJoviJones
06-27-2004, 11:19 AM
The Rock:

[Cage] "Do you know the song, 'Rocketman'?"

[Bad Guy] "No, I don't listen to soft [censored]!"

[Cage] "Well, you're him... You're the Rocketman!"

[Cage presses a button, launching a rocket at the bad guy]