PDA

View Full Version : A6o from SB

nothumb
06-25-2004, 01:44 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks,

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds, CO folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (7 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Hero.</font>

bisonbison
06-25-2004, 01:49 PM
sure.

I bet the turn, but that's me. No risk of getting checked through, chance to 3-bet, and if he calls, he may call the river.

GoblinMason (Craig)
06-25-2004, 01:52 PM
I would've played exactly the same (but what do I know?).

GoblinMason (Craig)
06-25-2004, 01:54 PM
Good point about the turn, bison.

Greg J
06-25-2004, 02:06 PM
Overall, well played. I like it.

I have an idea though. What do you think about an attempted check raise in the flop? If you are 3 betted it might provide more info about where you are at. If it is checked around it might indicate your aces are good. You might well be out kicked. If you are called you can bet out on the turn.

This is not a criticism at all -- just an idea, maybe a dumb one. Feedback??

nothumb
06-25-2004, 02:40 PM
This being a weak game, I think it would be pretty bad to risk checking the flop through and I think it's a decent possibility here.

Against aggressive opponents I like this maneuver.

tardigrade
06-25-2004, 04:05 PM
I like to check this from early position, especially if there are more players in the flop. If I get a relatively early bettor, I just fold out. If the last guy is the first to bet, I check-raise and try to win the pot right there against a bluff (happens sometimes). This hand isn't going to turn into a monster and the more folds the better. If I get re-raised I fold; if I get called, I just want to get away from the hand cheaply or see a free showdown. You'll often get to showdown for free or at most one big bet since no one wants to get check-raised again. (I don't care if someone obviously draws out on me and starts betting, since I just fold and don't think twice about it.) If it checks all the way through, I bet out on subsequent turns and typically get paid off pretty well, since everyone assumes second or third pair is good and stays to showdown with garbage.

Chris Daddy Cool
06-25-2004, 04:13 PM
Please fold this hand preflop.

But other than that nicely played.

easypete
06-25-2004, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please fold this hand preflop.

But other than that nicely played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? You're getting 7:1 from the SB for the call.

Chris Daddy Cool
06-25-2004, 04:20 PM
Low offsuit aces that can't even make a straight really really suck.