PDA

View Full Version : Blind defense hand

sweetjazz
06-25-2004, 01:16 PM
I'm playing a 3-handed home game. Button folds, SB calls, and I check in the BB with T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB is a pretty good player (his SB limp notwithstanding) who tends to be more passive than aggressive (though he's capable of aggression).

Flop comes 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB bets, I raise, SB 3-bets, and I call. Turn is 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB bets, I call. River is 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB bets, and I fold.

I think I misplayed this hand somewhere, but I'm not sure where. I think folding the turn must be wrong, so that leans me toward thinking I should call the river (I'm probably beat but have sufficient pot odds for the call). How would you play this hand?

SevenStuda
06-26-2004, 04:02 PM
You're move should have been folding on the turn. That is a pretty scary board for just top pair. However, since you made the mistake of calling on the turn, you should almost automatically call the river.

-Dimitri

PassiveCaller
06-26-2004, 04:12 PM
Most of the time I'm going to cut my losses here on the turn just because all I have is a pair of sixes ten kicker but with position putting in a cap there against the good player may make him check the turn and allow you to check it if you pick your spots right.