PDA

View Full Version : Announcing hands - for other players

nothumb
06-25-2004, 11:59 AM
Just recently had a guy catch a Q on the river and beat my AK with his AQ (A on turn). I didn't say anything but some guy starts asking me what I had. Since I mucked after calling only the winner knew, and he announced it shortly thereafter.

This made me mad, so I complimented him on his suckout. Is this something you run into a lot? The guy just seemed chatty but he might have been trying to tilt me, hard to say. Is this considered improper by Party? Can it be reported?

NT

Songwind
06-25-2004, 12:02 PM
How did he know but no one else did?

Zetack
06-25-2004, 12:05 PM
Since anybody not sitting out could have found out what you have its pretty much public knowlege and I reckon one player is free to share it.

I myself wouldn't, because its at least rude, and because if there are players who don't realize they can see hole cards of hands that reach show down and are mucked, I don't want em to know.

The guy was kind of a jerk, but remember he's micro player, maybe he didn't realize it.

--Zetack

nothumb
n/m, didn't realize this was in all hand histories. Makes it irritating but less so. Thanks.

NT

bisonbison
but he might have been trying to tilt me
This made me mad

Mission accomplished.

chief444
06-25-2004, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since I mucked after calling only the winner knew, and he announced it shortly thereafter.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you called the river anyone can click on the hand history and see what you had, not just the winner. You should be looking at this as well to see what other people are showing down, even when they muck.