PDA

View Full Version : pt showdown numbers

coach
06-25-2004, 11:28 AM
Hi,
I hope to get some responses from this probably stupid over asked question.. Went to showdow..Is it correct the higher this number the looser he plays post flop? Won at showdown the lowere the number the looser? So you would say if someone is 60%showdown 10% win he plays weak post flop?
thanks all

stoxtrader
06-25-2004, 01:22 PM
correct on all counts.

Spyder
06-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Went to showdown should be around 33%, won money at showdown should be more than 50% and less than 66%.

Spyder

Blarg
06-27-2004, 12:45 AM
I'm curious, Spyder -- where did those numbers come from?

MicroBob
06-27-2004, 12:57 AM
for full-ring lower-limits on party i would say that WtSD should be around 28-31 and W$SD should be 54-57 or so.

if your W$SD is as high as 66 then you are folding on the river too much. there are lots of situations where you have a high enough chance of winning that it's worth one more bet into a 10BB pot.

if your WtSD is higher than 33 then you are probably chasing too much (staying in with overcards or 2nd pair or TP-lousy kicker when you are obviously beat, etc etc).

Blarg
06-27-2004, 01:58 AM
I rarely fold on the end just because of the size of the pot, and I'm still at 60% won at showdown, with a 30% WtSD.

I think it's probably because at $1/2 and $2/4, where I'm playing, so many people take crap to the river.

MicroBob
06-27-2004, 02:08 AM
how many hands is this over??

are you playing ultra-tight pre-flop or something??

these are extremely strong numbers and i don't THINK they are sustainable (emphasis on THINK).

i play primarily 2/4 and some 3/6 when i play party limit and i'm usually at WtSD 28-30 and W$SD 53-55.

Blarg
06-27-2004, 04:30 AM
I have been playing for about two months and have 16,421 hands recorded. I started at .50/1 and have 1,249 hands there, at $1/2 I have 9,660, and at $2/4 I have 5,464. I also have like half an hour at $3/6 for 48 hands.

I do play very tight pre-flop. Generally not as tight as the starting hands charts I see in poker books, though. It's just that everyone else plays so much looser. There doesn't seem to be any such thing as table image at Party, so I don't pay too much of a price for it as far as training people how to play me.

I don't know if I'll have a 60% won at showdown when I get out of lowbie levels at Party. I'm sure I'll be playing differently against different types of people.

Anyway, it seems like if I merely survive to the end now, I'm likely to have better cards than the guys there with me. Doesn't seem to matter how tight I play; I almost always get callers -- heck, usually too many for my taste, trying to draw out on me.

I'm trying to play a lot more hands lately, though. I've come to the conclusion that with the calibre of people I'm playing against, I can open up my pre-flop standards a lot. But that means I'll depend more on good post-flop play, so I'm trying to work on that a lot now too. I know sooner or later I'll be playing much tougher opposition.

It might sound mean and snotty, but honestly sometimes I'm just astounded at the stuff people showdown at the end. I don't mean like, "My strategy is sooo superior to yours and you suck and I'm just so great!" I mean, "You cold-called a raise in middle position with 8,5 offsuit?" I get a lot of those guys betting into me on the end. :P Just plain weird, I don't know how else to put it.

It's like Twilight-Zone Poker or something. "Submitted for your approval: 8,5 offsuit."

Spyder
06-30-2004, 11:31 AM
These numbers came from two places: David Ross's posts & MissSunshine's post. Others can supply the links.

The explanations above (& below) are accurate /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Spyder