PDA

View Full Version : They got mad about this one

nolefan21
06-25-2004, 10:21 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

River: (6 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10 BB, between CO and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (10 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
CO shows Jh As (one pair, aces).
Hero shows 5s Qs (straight, five high).
Outcome: Hero wins 10 BB. </font>

fyodor
06-25-2004, 10:26 AM
You played that wonderfully. Please pm me when you move up to 5/10 and let me know what table you are at.

TheGrifter
06-25-2004, 10:28 AM
You missed bets on every street but the river.

slavic
06-25-2004, 11:15 AM
I realise this hand gets a lot of praise in the Zoo, but it's trash. Let it go on the flop.

The rest of the hand is fine.

Guido
06-25-2004, 11:21 AM
Is limping PF ok?

scrub
06-25-2004, 11:41 AM
I think it's better with more limpers (i.e. a LP full table game), but it's not terrible here as long as the blinds do not automatically raise themselves in this situation (which I see a lot at 5/10 lately).

The flop call sucks.

scrub

spydog
06-25-2004, 12:13 PM
Is this a joke? The only time I play this hand is first in on the button AND the blinds are tight.

slavic
06-25-2004, 12:24 PM
In a way it is a joke. For a while I used it as my change of pace hand in the full ring games because it's not that bad off compared to some peoples "favorite" hands. In the sh game though, I haven't seen any need to change pace pre-flop yet.

Sloats
06-25-2004, 12:25 PM
You missed every bet/raise and the exclaimation.

Apocalypse
06-25-2004, 01:21 PM
well ppl can talk trash about this hand all they want, but i just say this to you: you're ahead of your time buddy and all these rotten ultra-conservative-sklansky-groupie-posters just don't understand the limitless depth and vision proposed here. Its a manifest, thats what it is... /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

tripdad
06-25-2004, 06:05 PM
they shouldn't have been mad. if i were there i would have congratulated you on a great hand, buddy listed you, and stayed at your table until you left, even if it meant missing work(i work on commission).

fold preflop...fold on the flop...fold on the turn. you played the river just fine.

cheers!

slavic
06-25-2004, 06:50 PM
folding the flop is likely right but calling is not the worst thing in the world though I think it's a muck.

folding the turn is wrong, your double gutter is so well hidden that you are almost certain to catch two river bets.