PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Fast Food Fun

TheRake
06-25-2004, 10:01 AM
So I stop at Arby's last night on my way home from work and my order comes to $5.36 total. I give the guy a $10 bill and $0.36 in change. He gives me back four $1 bills and four quarters. WTF!

Cashier: Your change sir
Me: mmmm uuuhhh wait....oh
Me: I gave you $10.36
Cashier: yes
Me: Well why did you give me these quarters?
Cashier: We are short on ones sir
Me: [silence]
Cashier: would you like horsey sauce sir?
Me: I guess

TheRake

cardcounter0
06-25-2004, 10:25 AM
Next time just give him a red chip.

(another sign you gamble two much -- when the pizza guy comes to the door and all you have are 100 dollar bills, and you ask him if he has change for a black chip)

Ray Zee
06-25-2004, 10:28 AM
yea rake, it is amazing how crazy or stupid some people can be. why they cant even reason out simple things. like not going to arby's in the first place.

elwoodblues
06-25-2004, 10:30 AM
It would have been better if he gave you the change just out of spite instead of stupidity.

ChristinaB
06-25-2004, 10:33 AM
I hear Wendys is just about to pass Burger King for 2nd largest burger chain. I like Wendys.

namknils
06-25-2004, 10:36 AM
Man, some of the people in these min. wage jobs are so stupid. I have noticed that the dumbest people I've come accross are the baggers at my local grocery store. They can't bag anything the right way (cans with cans, not bread) and they take so freakin long. It's very frustrating.

smudgex68
06-25-2004, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hear Wendys is just about to pass Burger King for 2nd largest burger chain. I like Wendys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get that info from BurgerPulse ?

GoblinMason (Craig)
06-25-2004, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guess? Obviously you get horsy sauce! It's delicious!

sfer
06-25-2004, 12:09 PM
Remember the Simpsons episode that mimiced The Lord of the Flies? How hungry did everyone get?

Twins: We're so hungry we could eat at Arbys!

<gasps>

blackaces13
06-25-2004, 12:18 PM
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Arby's rules.

kyro
06-25-2004, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Man, some of the people in these min. wage jobs are so stupid. I have noticed that the dumbest people I've come accross are the baggers at my local grocery store. They can't bag anything the right way (cans with cans, not bread) and they take so freakin long. It's very frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, to be fair, bagging isn't the easiest job in the world. I agree the bread shouldn't be with the cans, but the day they "promoted" me to cashier was the happiest day of my life because I was an awful bagger. Cut us a bit of slack, bagging 100 orders a day with cashiers flinging the items down to you, can get overwhelming.

ThaSaltCracka
06-25-2004, 01:32 PM
I cut people in minumum wage jobs more slack than anyone else. I remember my first job was working at a movie theater making 5.20 an hour. I remember the job being both fun and extremely stressful. You always get some real ass hole customers at these places. Those of you that are so quick to judge and make fun of those that work at these places, probably never had to work when you were younger. If anyone deserves a pay raise in this country its these people.

BTW, I thought the story was funny as well. Maybe he was just tired /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheRake
06-25-2004, 02:11 PM
He was a polite young man /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Obviously I didn't pursue it anymore, but I can't help chuckling a little when I think about it.

TheRake

ThaSaltCracka
06-25-2004, 02:17 PM
haha, its all good, I would have laughed too.

zram21
06-25-2004, 02:57 PM
I once tried to pay for my food in a drive through with a hundred dollar bill. The girl at the register was so confused with how to make change out of a $100 that she handed me back 5 $20 and asked me to just pay with one the $20. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

elwoodblues
06-25-2004, 03:04 PM
That is fantastic.

RollaJ
06-25-2004, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If anyone deserves a pay raise in this country its these people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, an advocate of payraises for the dumb. Thats a new angle /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

R Petty
06-25-2004, 03:07 PM

namknils
06-25-2004, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I cut people in minumum wage jobs more slack than anyone else. I remember my first job was working at a movie theater making 5.20 an hour. I remember the job being both fun and extremely stressful. You always get some real ass hole customers at these places. Those of you that are so quick to judge and make fun of those that work at these places, probably never had to work when you were younger. If anyone deserves a pay raise in this country its these people.

BTW, I thought the story was funny as well. Maybe he was just tired /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I am certainly not an ass to them, I wait patiently. But I don't cut them slack if they don't deserve it. You can tell when someone is working hard, and if they are I don't care if they mess up a couple times. But I get pissed when I see a guy moving as slow as a sloth and looking all around the store when I've already paid and am waiting for him to finish. Ineviatble, I end up bagging most of my stuff myself 'cause the guy takes so long.

And for the record, I got my first real job the summer between 7th and 8th grade and have been working ever since.

ThaSaltCracka
06-25-2004, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, an advocate of payraises for the dumb. Thats a new angle

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess we could start with you.....

ThaSaltCracka
06-25-2004, 04:35 PM
I agree with you Nam, and I wasn't trying to imply you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. I just think a lot of people assume that everyone that works at a fast food restaurant is some idiot that dropped out of high school or a drug addict. A lot of the people who work there are 16-20, some of which are working there because its their first job. Ya know, not everyone gets an allowance or gets hooked uo with a job by their folks.

CORed
06-25-2004, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, an advocate of payraises for the dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well why not? Then they'll have more money to lose playing poker.

Ulysses
06-25-2004, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guess? Obviously you get horsy sauce! It's delicious!

[/ QUOTE ]

Great response. Horsey sauce rules. It's much better, though, when you can properly distribute it from the squeeze bottles rather than the packets.

Ulysses
06-25-2004, 05:12 PM
Ray,

What does it take to make you happy? I mean, these people created a sandwich called The Big Montana just for you!

J.A.Sucker
06-25-2004, 05:32 PM
Ray will likely say something about not eating meat (especially beef) from places "known for poor sanitation."

benfranklin
06-25-2004, 05:42 PM
I recently went into Pantera's, a trendy bakery/coffee shop, and ordered a loaf of French bread at the take-out counter. The totally mindless response was, "Is that for here, or to go?"

Boy, I thought up some really witty responses on the way home in the car.

J_V
06-25-2004, 06:16 PM
Market Fresh sandwiches? They weren't around in your heyday.

Curly fries!!

TimM
06-25-2004, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ray will likely say something about not eating meat (especially beef) from places "known for poor sanitation."

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who has read "The Psychology of Fast Food" will realize that most people don't just eat there for the food, but also to gain the excitement of risk.

TimTimSalabim
06-25-2004, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Great response. Horsey sauce rules. It's much better, though, when you can properly distribute it from the squeeze bottles rather than the packets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't use horsey sauce, because it does not go well with my Beef n Cheddar, which is the nuts in my book.

Ray Zee
06-26-2004, 12:37 AM
yep, and eating at places where the food is made thousands of miles away and heated up for you from a business that solely looks at the bottom line.

Ulysses
06-26-2004, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't use horsey sauce, because it does not go well with my Beef n Cheddar, which is the nuts in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're crazy. Beef n Cheddar + horsey sauce + arby's sauce = Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.