PDA

View Full Version : Question on QTs and JTs

blubster
06-25-2004, 07:34 AM
QTs and JTs

In a 6 Max game is second position a good place to start open rasiing with these hands or is that too early?

blubster

Peter_rus
06-25-2004, 07:54 AM
In 6-max in UTG+1 position you have about 48% to be the best PF with your QTs and about 35% to be the best with JTs depending on table image i usually prefer to be more than 50% to have a best hand before raisin' PF.

blubster
06-25-2004, 08:06 AM
hi peter, thanks. hmmm so QTs open raise until the CO and JTs not until the button

blubster

Peter_rus
06-25-2004, 08:30 AM
These are hands to trick with. Currently i like limp JTs UTGs to make a camouflage for my AA-limping.

When you raise - you want to be HU or get blinds. JTs - not enough good HU against normal hand but raising it - you have many chances to be HU and also there are many chances to face much better hand HU. Limping isn't good too cause implied odds too low usually but i would like to make some sacrifices to add to my AA more value and hoping to get at least 2 or 3 limpers to make my call correct.

But if you played wild table - when usually 4 or 5 players see flop - raising JTs and suited aces is very good i think.

chezlaw
06-25-2004, 09:20 AM
I'd open raise both from the CO and sometimes from CO+1 depending on the game.

stats after 80000 hands

QTs 58 times +.33BB per hand
JTs 51 times +.7BB per hand

QTs 28 times +.7BB per hand
JTs 25 times +1.1BB per hand

samdash
06-25-2004, 11:15 AM
You are probably giving up very little making a raise with either of these hands from any position. But the more hands you add to your raising arsenal the more you will be viewed as a maniac by the table. You don't want 5 way action every time you make a raise in these games. Its nice to get enough respect that you can consistently get it 2 or 3 way preferably against the blinds.