PDA

View Full Version : Flush Draw, OESD

detruncate
06-25-2004, 04:03 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB is loose/fairly passive; UTG+1 is LAGgy (50% VP$IP) but not maniac.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Never know what to do with medium suited connectors. Any votes for raise?

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

This should have been raised, yes? OESD, flush outs, possible overcard outs.

River: (13.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 19.50 BB, between Hero and UTG+1.</font>

Joe Tall
06-25-2004, 08:56 AM
You should consider raising depending on how bad your opponents play preflop.

You flop play is excellent.

If you think there is a chance of taking it down on the turn, then bet, if not check and hope to get a free card.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall

Bill Smith
06-25-2004, 09:25 AM
Preflop: A raise would be okay, but it's not a critical issue.

Flop: Perfect.

Turn: No need to 3-bet. You have enough outs that it wouldn't be a terrible play, but it really isn't +EV and there's always that slim chance a higher flush draw could be out there.

River: Golden.

chief444
06-25-2004, 10:57 AM
Looks good to me. I wouldn't normally raise this pf from the blinds but I suppose a raise would be ok.

I would consider raising right away on the flop to try to clean up your overcard outs. But since you called the 3-bet is a must.

I like the turn bet because you should have at least 15 good outs and possibly as many as 21 with the overcards. Once UTG+1 raises the turn again though calling is best as it is now most likely that your overcard outs are no good.

River is fine. Always pretty easy to play the nuts. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

gojacketz
06-25-2004, 11:16 AM
Preflop: I would check here. If I were on the button with five limpers or so, I would consider raising this hand.

Flop: All your outs are most likely good most of the time, nice 3 bet.

Turn: I like this bet here. If both opponents call you, with 15 outs, you are making a very slight -EV play, but there is also a possibility that a 9 or T is an out too.

River: Excellent

Gojacketz

nothumb
06-25-2004, 11:48 AM
Nicely played. I agree that this is a raise from CO or button with lots of people in, but from the blinds I think not due to your lousy position. Maybe from time to time or if your opponents are really weak.

NT