PDA

View Full Version : some 3/6 situations

gomberg
06-25-2004, 01:18 AM
relevant stacks around $600. 1 middle LAG limps in (LAG postflop, not preflop - limps in with many - very bluff inducable). I decide to isolate w/ JQo and raise in cutoff (I have tight image). I do this so I can raise him on the flop and take down the pot with any reasonable flop. flop comes 3 diamonds (I have none).

97xd

he checks, I check.

turn is 9. check, check

river is offsuit A. he checks, I pot it, he checkraise pots it, I fold - he shows flopped 45 flush.

One round later, folded to him in small blind, he completes, I raise to $18 w/ AA in BB. He calls.

Flop is QQ9 rainbow.

he checks, I check

Turn is 7 making a 2flush. he checks, I bet $20, he limit checkraises to $40, I call.

River is an offsuit low card. He bets half his stack, about $260 into around $100 pot.

I think about it for a while and call. comments?

theBruiser500
06-25-2004, 02:32 AM
On your second hand, I'd fold that 100% of the time against an unknown or average opponent. If you have a read, go with it...

ALL1N
06-25-2004, 03:41 AM
Hand 1:

[ QUOTE ]
very bluff inducable

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't like your river bluff at all, because:
A: He could checkraise bluff
B: He could be slowplaying
C: You may win at showdown anyway

Hand 2:

I like your line, but I think even though you planned to call the river, this monstrous bet is usually a queen.

gomberg
06-25-2004, 11:36 AM
You're right about the first hand. I just thought I'd represent the ace and maybe he'd fold a middle pair or a K high hand. Lucky for me, he showed it.

I noticed during this couple rounds that if his bet was around the pot on the river - he usually had a decent to great hand. Whenever he overbet the end, it was usually representing weakness. So I went with the read on that 2nd hand and sure enough he had 5To!

So now I can say he also made the mistake of calling decent raises preflop with anything once he had money in. This worked out nicely a little later when an EP limped, he limped, and I put in a HUGE overbet w/ AA preflop (like $120 into an $18 pot) and got both of them to call. I put them all in on an A high flop and they both called. He had 22 that time - no set. The other guy had A3 for two pair. This game is great when your winning /images/graemlins/smile.gif