PDA

View Full Version : Is it profitable to fold this early?

slavic
06-25-2004, 12:53 AM
You are new to the table. Only one player you've seen who fits the typical laggy/fishy mold. However the two players in this hand are unknown and you have nothing much on them. In general do you call this hand down or do you give it up and learn more before forking over 2.5 BB's. I realize I only have to be right 1 in 3 times but I'm just looking for thoughts.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Peter_rus
06-25-2004, 01:42 AM
I would raise PF. Calling till river - is not so awful on these 5/10 tables - but i would better bet flop to find where i am /images/graemlins/club.gif.

random
06-25-2004, 03:13 AM
What information are you looking for? Hero's bet means almost nothing and if villain raises, that means almost nothing. This hand is worth calling down. If villain has KK or worse, let him keep betting, no need to throw extra bets in when your holding isn't that strong, but still worth a showdown.

Peter_rus
06-25-2004, 03:18 AM
I'm a bit disagree that if villain raises - that means nothing. In many cases that means ace. But once again - i would raise PF and then bet flop if get 3-betted i would consider folding on turn.

stir
06-25-2004, 10:42 AM
Just looking to learn here:

Could you explain what you meant by the fact you only need to be right 1 in 3 times?

Does this mean that you will win enough in the one hand you call correctly and win, to more than offset the two times you call and lose?
Thanks.

slavic
06-25-2004, 11:04 AM
The pot is offering 3BB, to just call this down is 2.5BB, the other player will put in 2.5BB. So if I only when this 1 in 3 times I make.

5.5bb(net from winning once) - 5bb(losing twice) = .5BB