PDA

View Full Version : AA Turn Decision

OrangeHeat
06-25-2004, 12:26 AM
My game feels weird lately - I am in robot mode too much. I am not sure how much damage it has done...

This hand caught my eye and I thought I might get some opinions on it.The only read I have so far at this table is that the button appears to be overaggressive but not crazy.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

Big Blind has called two cold twice and Button seems to like his hand. Your action?

Orange

ZeeJustin
06-25-2004, 12:42 AM
I go into check/call mode here.

Ezcheeze
06-25-2004, 12:44 AM
Button could have you crushed but he could also have a flush draw or something like KQ or Q9 and the same goes for the BB though its more likely hes got just a draw. Checking is no good, its too risky the button takes off a free card. I would bet out and if the BB raises i would consider folding here. If the BB calls/folds and button raises i call, hes overaggressive and could still be raising pairs + draws.

I would check call most rivers where its only one bet to me and check fold if BB bets and button raises.

If the button is extremely aggressive and would bet any pair + draw and flush draw on the turn i would go for a check raise to try and push out the BB. The looser the button is preflop the more i like the check raise.

Hope this helps

-Ezcheeze

ACPlayer
06-25-2004, 07:19 AM
Because the King is a heart I would consider betting the turn. I would consider giving the button a hand like KQ of diamonds for his aggression.

If the suit of the King and Jack were reversed I would consider checking and calling. Same comment as above except if that if he is pumping a pair and flush draw he would now have trips.

Until I have more info (about players or the action on the turn) I would have the BB on a hand he does not want to be aggressive with (perhaps QQ or AQ).

rory
06-25-2004, 11:16 AM
I like checking the turn here, and seeing what happens.
If BB checks and the button bets, just call. If the BB now raises I have to really consider folding, but I don't think that is going to happen, because that flop was way too draw heavy for anyone to be slowplaying a made hand. I am not sure what the BB has, maybe a draw. The button either has a made monster or something like KQ of diamonds or the like. Maybe he just made a boat-- who knows. Check call check call.

I think I fold if the BB comes to life with a raise here though, but I am known for making terrible turn folds.

OrangeHeat
06-25-2004, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I go into check/call mode here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I hate to bet and puke when it gets raised/reraised behind me. The pot is big, neither one is folding, I am 99% positive it is getting bet behind me.

The rest of the hand follows:

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (15 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ad Ah (two pair, aces and jacks).
BB shows 7d 8d (one pair, jacks).
Button shows 2d Kd (two pair, kings and jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 15 BB. </font>

I guess the button was a little more aggressive than I thought initially.

I thought about betting the river, but I was either ahead slightly or further behind with the Q at this point. Not much value with good chance of being raised if behind.

Comments on river?

Thanks,

Orange

Nightwish
06-25-2004, 04:17 PM
You don't want to bet this river because it would really suck if you got raised.

ACPlayer
06-26-2004, 05:48 AM
Looks like button did have a pair and a flush draw, but Kd 2d. Gotta love the game, once you figure out the players.