PDA

View Full Version : Fold the nut straight on the turn???

Catch of the Day
06-24-2004, 06:17 PM
Hey all, long time eh...Finals damn near killed me, but long last I have reaturned.

Okay not sure how decent this question is but...

Can I call here...??? Its was like my 3rd orbit so I had no significant reads.

I have 58s in the BB, UTG calls, Folded to the Button who calls, SB complets, I check.

Flop 6,7,9 2 diamonds. ( I have none)

SB checks, I check, UTG bets, button calls, SB folds, I call (intending to C/R the turn).

Turn Qd

I check, UTG bets, Button calls, I raise, Small blind 3 bets?

I actually timed out here thinking if I should call or not, I am not even sure what the Button did...

I mean I dont think set here and two pair is unlikely. Is this a clear fold?

Catch-

random
06-24-2004, 06:37 PM
Couple issues with your post... what stakes is this? No readsd on any players? You don't have the nut straight. With you in the BB and UTG betting, you shouldn't be acting before the SB.

Catch of the Day
06-25-2004, 12:24 AM
I apologize, it was 5,7,9 on the flop, I had 6,8* but the betting order is fine, when did I act before the SB?

Yeah and no reads, It was I believe the first hand of my third orbit...

and 5/10 (6-max) btw (shoulda stated that)...

Thanks,

Catch

Peter_rus
06-25-2004, 02:05 AM
Check-raise but not check-call the flop - and you will not ask questions like this.

random
06-25-2004, 03:06 AM
On the turn, you check to UTG, he bets - the small blind must call that before he can three-bet you. At any rate... I'd call down without a strong read. If he called then three-bet you, I'd definitely call down, as trying to get an overcall from you seems equally silly as three-betting you with a non-flush hand... unless he was planning on leading the river (a rare enough move)... if I was him with a flush, I'd go ahead and raise here, as a river check-down is something to be feared. Him fearing a fold to a check-raise should not be feared as people pay off with all kinds of crap hands shorthanded.

naphand
06-25-2004, 12:11 PM
Are you the reaturnimator? Doesn't that involve injecting green goo into peoples heads or something?

tripdad
06-25-2004, 06:48 PM
sb folded on the flop. it was UTG who 3-bet. he just go ta bit mixed up i think.

cheers!

tripdad
06-25-2004, 06:50 PM
you have the nuts on the flop with a pretty darn good chance of making 2nd best which you will have to pay off. check raising the flop is a must. save your turn check/raises for when the board is not so coordinated.

cheers!

manpower
06-25-2004, 10:19 PM
what they said, against two opponents with the flush draw out, I'm usually raising the nuts or a set on the flop. Also you could get the flush draw to try and 3 bet for value which, while being slightly +ev for him, is more +ev for you.