PDA

View Full Version : England are shxt and deserve to go out.

Cptkernow
06-24-2004, 06:02 PM
n/m

Ulysses
06-24-2004, 06:30 PM
How does Beckham miss the first penalty? No need to reply.

jdl22
06-24-2004, 07:01 PM
So finally they showed the highlights on Sportscenter (I'm not loaded enough to shell out 180 bucks for the whole thing, maybe next time). Beckham's miss was unbelievably horrible. I don't think it would have gone in had the goal been twice as tall.

BTW Uly/El D where are you watching these games?

Ulysses
06-24-2004, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW Uly/El D where are you watching these games?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't shell out either. In SF, the games are shown in bars all over the city. The most convenient place for me to watch is at the Italian cafe across the street. During World Cup, it's great, you can always find someplace to watch where there will be vocal supporters for whatever side you like (or oppose, if you're that kind of person).

tyfromm
06-24-2004, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How does Beckham miss the first penalty? No need to reply.

[/ QUOTE ]
Beckham Rules!

JoeU
06-24-2004, 11:01 PM
JDL

According to Tommy Smith on ESPNNews, he said that the ball was placed on the spot. When it was placed there, it kinda sunk into the ground. This, supposedly, is why Beckham missed so badly. All the following players that took shots did what they could do to "avoid" the hole at the spot.

I also don't have the coin to buy the games, especially now that Italy is out. I've been watching replays on FoxSportsWorld. Go Netherlands!

Joe

sfer
06-25-2004, 10:06 AM
Which cafe? Steps of Rome used to be insane for big games.