PDA

View Full Version : 2 + 2 fantasy football league?

nolanfan34
06-24-2004, 05:59 PM
There seem to be plenty of sports fans on this site. I'm wondering if there's an interest in forming a fantasy football league once the season rolls around. Something simple, like a Yahoo private league. Doesn't have to be for money even, but something like $10 each wouldn't be too bad.

Anyone interested? I'll set the thing up when it rolls around. Of course it would be an online live draft. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maybe this has already been done, I wasn't around for last season.

ArchAngel71857
06-24-2004, 06:07 PM
I'm game.

-AA

ThaSaltCracka
06-24-2004, 06:35 PM
I would do basketball or baseball, but I am not much of a fan of Fantasy football. I would do it for free though!!!

gonores
06-24-2004, 08:15 PM
count me in

nolanfan34
06-24-2004, 08:25 PM
Only if you promise to take Favre in the first round. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

gonores
06-24-2004, 08:51 PM
Can we compromise with Ahman Green?

CCass
06-24-2004, 11:00 PM
I would be interested.

paland
06-25-2004, 12:52 AM
I'd go for it. I'm already signed up at CDM so I guess I am a fanatic. Count me in.

bugstud
06-25-2004, 01:28 AM
I would love to have a roster spot

craig r
06-25-2004, 01:41 AM
sounds good

SossMan
06-26-2004, 02:22 AM
Im in.

Redmen62
06-26-2004, 02:45 AM
I have been thinking of posting something like this for a while now. Count me very, very in. If there's a rush of interest, perhaps a money/serious division and a fun division? (Count me in for serious/money)

- Redmen62

RcrdBoy
06-26-2004, 02:56 AM
I'd love to be in one, but I think there has to be some money involved.

Got to have some incentive to keep from dumping it after an 0-3 start.

If you got room, you can count me in.

nolanfan34
06-26-2004, 11:24 PM
Well, there certainly seems to be a fair amount of replies. Once it gets closer to the season, I'll post something again about this. I agree about making it a money league, but I already play in some other money ones, so I don't want to break the bank with this. Something like $20 maybe?

Stay tuned.

mikeyvegas
06-27-2004, 12:41 AM
Hook me up! By the way, watch out for Roy Williams this year. I think he's got some real upside.

Tyler Durden
06-27-2004, 12:56 AM
I am so in. As long as I don't take Stacey Mack with my 4th round pick like I did last year, I should do pretty well.

nolanfan34
06-27-2004, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am so in. As long as I don't take Stacey Mack with my 4th round pick like I did last year, I should do pretty well.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you took Stacey Mack last year in the 4th round, I will guarantee I'll save you a spot in the league! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CCass
06-27-2004, 10:33 PM
$20 sounds fair to me.

bugstud
06-28-2004, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you took Stacey Mack last year in the 4th round, I will guarantee I'll save you a spot in the league! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked my keeper league draft, last pick I flip a coin between Anquan Boldin and Kelley Washington. Kelley won /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

doh!

$20 sounds a-ok to me

Barry_G
06-28-2004, 01:21 AM
I'm in.

BadBoyBenny
06-28-2004, 08:43 AM
If there's any room left, I'd play.

nolanfan34
06-28-2004, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If there's any room left, I'd play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly getting 12 people won't be a problem. When I set up the league, I'll PM the password and league ID to people who have responded to this thread. They can take a look at the league settings, which will be fairly basic, and decide whether they want to join.

It'll just be first come-first served when I send out that info. Should be fun.

bugstud
06-28-2004, 02:21 PM
could always make it deeper, or even make a second league /images/graemlins/grin.gif

daveymck
06-28-2004, 05:59 PM
For one happy moment I thought you americans were coming on message and were wanting a proper football fantasy league, I was just about to stake my claim for Tierry and Ruud with maybe a cheeky sub of Rooney all ready for the premiership kick off in August, but then you talked about draft picks and my despair deepened.

nolanfan34
06-28-2004, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For one happy moment I thought you americans were coming on message and were wanting a proper football fantasy league, I was just about to stake my claim for Tierry and Ruud with maybe a cheeky sub of Rooney all ready for the premiership kick off in August, but then you talked about draft picks and my despair deepened.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have set the over/under at 2 days that one of you Brits would post something like this. What took so long? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

daveymck
06-28-2004, 06:24 PM
I was tempted this afternoon but let it ride, but its been itching at me so had to do it.

A few years ago I might have took you US guys on but my interest and knowledge of players has dwindled and it appears that the cowboys are now rubbish and the packers a force to be reckoned so i would be no good at this.

Redmen62
07-01-2004, 01:55 AM
While we're discussing, is anyone aware of any online sites that offer fantasy football and accept neteller? Or any sites that you would recommend for joining a league?

Manimal
07-01-2004, 02:52 AM
I'd be interested if there are still some spots open.

pudley4
07-01-2004, 12:10 PM
Auction > draft (and not extremely difficult if IRC or something similar is used)

nolanfan34
07-01-2004, 12:19 PM
While I like the auction idea, the only problem is if someone doesn't show, then you're kind of hosed. At least with a draft, the computer can go ahead and pick for them.

nolanfan34
07-01-2004, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While we're discussing, is anyone aware of any online sites that offer fantasy football and accept neteller? Or any sites that you would recommend for joining a league?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know of sites that accept Neteller, but I'm sure they're out there.

As for different sites, it depends on what you're looking for. If it's simply a free public league to join, without a lot of bells and whistles, then you can't go wrong with Yahoo really. They also offer a free private league setup, which is probably what we'll use.

If you want more flexibility, CBS Sportsline has a lot to offer. But, it's not exactly cheap, costing about $120 to set up a league, at a minimum. But if you want more customized scoring, it's a good way to go.

Another option I tried for the first time last year was Fanball.com's commissioner service. Only about $50, and I used it for two different private leagues I ran. It's a little clunky to navigate at first, but worked pretty well overall.

I haven't played on ESPN for a while, but that's always a good option as well. They seem to have a lot of problems with their live drafts each year though.

bugstud
07-01-2004, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know of sites that accept Neteller, but I'm sure they're out there.

As for different sites, it depends on what you're looking for. If it's simply a free public league to join, without a lot of bells and whistles, then you can't go wrong with Yahoo really. They also offer a free private league setup, which is probably what we'll use.

If you want more flexibility, CBS Sportsline has a lot to offer. But, it's not exactly cheap, costing about $120 to set up a league, at a minimum. But if you want more customized scoring, it's a good way to go.

Another option I tried for the first time last year was Fanball.com's commissioner service. Only about $50, and I used it for two different private leagues I ran. It's a little clunky to navigate at first, but worked pretty well overall.

I haven't played on ESPN for a while, but that's always a good option as well. They seem to have a lot of problems with their live drafts each year though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yahoo is pretty simple, free or pay if you prefer. I honestly like their software and setup, I found the ESPN baseball design to suck /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll run a second league if people miss out on the first, given sufficient interest.

ArchAngel71857
07-01-2004, 06:17 PM
Yahoo is pretty tight. Stattracker costs 8.95 and is worth it. You can do some pretty good custom scoring, but they are rather rigid on playoff setups. As long as Yahoo is free, its hard for me to see why we should play anywhere else. Although with CNN, you get a three "month" subscription to SI. which I am still getting.

-AA

nolanfan34
07-01-2004, 07:39 PM
We'll certainly use Yahoo for this league, I ain't paying for a custom site just to play with you fools. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yahoo has plenty of options for most leagues regarding scoring, but in my money league at my former workplace, we had a funky scoring system where things like WR's running TDs were double points, and TD's got a 1 pt bonus for every 10 yards on the score itself (ie 40 yard rushing TD, 10 points). Yahoo won't handle something that custom.

I'm envisioning a fairly standard 6 pts for TD league, with 1 pt for each 10 yards rushing/receiving, or 25 yards passing, etc.

ArchAngel71857
07-01-2004, 08:54 PM
I'm envisioning a fairly standard 6 pts for TD league, with 1 pt for each 10 yards rushing/receiving, or 25 yards passing, etc.

Yeah, with 12 teams, pretty basic scoring should be good.

nothing too fancy, sometimes you get lost if you are getting extra points for every one handed catch that was a double fumble recovery ran in for a safety. (17.8976 x Pi points).

-AA

BottlesOf
07-01-2004, 11:31 PM
Not only am I in (If you'll let me), but I'm winning.

Redmen62
07-02-2004, 12:20 AM
You'll take the ball, and you're going to score?

nolanfan34
07-02-2004, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not only am I in (If you'll let me), but I'm winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was waiting for this type of post. I predict you'll finish last. /images/graemlins/blush.gif