PDA

View Full Version : Playing multiple tables

scottvt98
06-24-2004, 03:23 PM
It seems like most of the people here are playing multiple tables at the same time. Some people have even said that they play 4-5 at a time. How do you keep it straight? Are there any strategies that you've come up with in dealing with all that action at the same time?

I've tried playing two tables a couple of times and it overwhelms me. I just end up playing bad on both tables. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

HajiShirazu
06-24-2004, 03:29 PM
It's just something that you get used to over time. 2, then 3, then more. Once you get down all the ABC plays and are experienced it gets easier. Eventually, playing one table becomes mind-numbingly boring. The same can be said for online poker in general.

jrobb83
06-24-2004, 04:10 PM
First you need to be able to play poker very well without much thought. It's fairly easy to learn a passable micro limit game. Just start out playing 2 tables of a limit lower than you are used to. It is also extraordinarily helpful to have a monitor large enough that you can position the tables with little to no overlapping. Just play two for a while and gradually add tables. I'm at three comfortable and have been tinkering with a fourth. Soon you won't even be able to stand playing only one table.

bisonbison
06-24-2004, 04:26 PM
Here are my thoughts on multitabling:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=micro&Number=599806&fpart= &PHPSESSID=

In short, it's not for everyone, it's not the be-all-end-all of online poker, and in the long your earn can get in the way of your learn.