PDA

View Full Version : Where did I go wrong here?

SteveY
06-24-2004, 02:09 PM
My AJ gets a decent flop, but I end up calling someone down. Didi I misplay anywhere here?

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (11 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (13 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 16 BB, between Button, SB and Hero.</font>

deacsoft
06-24-2004, 02:17 PM
A-Jo from UTG is not a great hand but if you are going to play it the raise would be in order. You did flop TPTK but on a 3 to the straight and 2 to the flush board. Not a very good flop for you versus 5 players. The post flop raise was alright and it looks like you slowed down from there. Looks okay to me.

ZootMurph
06-24-2004, 02:18 PM
First, I won't raise UTG with AJo, unless most of the table will play anything whether you raise or not. Otherwise, you are normally going to be up against better hands.

Second, I'd fold the turn. Simply, there are no pots odds big enough to call on if you are drawing dead. There is a straight and flush draw out there. You will not be ahead here often enough to continue putting money in this pot.

HajiShirazu
06-24-2004, 03:28 PM
I think you are ahead enough to justify calling down here. The only question is whether or not to cap the flop. On this board, I think that's probably a losing play.

deacsoft
06-24-2004, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First, I won't raise UTG with AJo, unless most of the table will play anything whether you raise or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you suggest open limping with this hand from UTG?

bisonbison
06-24-2004, 04:32 PM
At most micros, you will be called by dominated hands. AJo is a raise for me everywhere but the blinds (and I'll raise out of the blinds if there are only a couple of limpers).

SteveY
06-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Could I cap the flop here just to see what he does on the turn?
ex. if he leads on the turn after my cap, I can probably fold. if he doesn't lead, i bet the turn, check the river since he could still have a hand that beats mine?