PDA

View Full Version : KTs

submariner
06-24-2004, 01:40 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Are my backdoor draws worth betting here? I felt like I lost control on the flop and didn't know what to do from then on. Should I have either bet out or just folded and moved on?

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, BB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5.50 BB, won by MP3.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to MP3.</font>

Bill Smith
06-24-2004, 01:45 PM
I suddenly feel a bit weak-tight, but I don't like the PF raise. You want people to stay in the pot when you have a drawing hand. I think the flop is a close decision between check-call and check-fold.

submariner
06-24-2004, 02:04 PM
I think the PF play is a good question. I've become conditioned to raise anytime its folded to me in MP or LP, if I was going to call anyway. But is that always right? Do I want to play this for big card value, or the flush draw? Help!

chief444
06-24-2004, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've become conditioned to raise anytime its folded to me in MP or LP, if I was going to call anyway. But is that always right?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's probably not too wrong. I think being in early-MP may change this thinking some though. I don't mind the raise here but I may just limp.

kiemo
06-24-2004, 02:12 PM
Your preflop raise is going to drive out the players you want. If you think everyone will fold to this raise, then make it, otherwise limp with this hand and hope 5-6 others limp in also.

submariner
06-24-2004, 06:19 PM
OK,Sounds like limping would have been better

jacki
06-24-2004, 07:15 PM
call me crazy, but I muck this preflop

eric5148
06-24-2004, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
call me crazy, but I muck this preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

You're crazy.

eric5148
06-24-2004, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are my backdoor draws worth betting here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck no. Just because you raised preflop, it doesn't mean you have to bet or even call the flop. The preflop raise is ok IMO, but in a loose game, they're going to call you if they catch any piece of the flop.