PDA

View Full Version : AQ in BB vs Maniac

easypete
06-24-2004, 08:07 AM
Was facing a maniac last night. I'm usually pretty good with maniacs, but this session was different.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="purple">Not a bad flop... I have seen him slow down with a big pair on the flop, so I just called here instead of raising and drying up the action on turn and river.</font>

Turn: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

<font color="purple">The 3-bet doesn't really worry me. I saw him do this on the river with 2 undercards.</font>

River: (13 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

<font color="purple">With the turn action, is capping here good?</font>

Final Pot: 21 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 21 BB, between SB and Hero.</font>

7Dave
06-24-2004, 08:17 AM
If he slows down as you said and doesn't this time he's got some kind of hand... I'd take it easy on the river (just call, I mean you raise and cap the turn and he still bets in to you on the river...).

/d