PDA

View Full Version : Full Tourney 20+2

ThePopinjay
06-24-2004, 06:14 AM
If anyone wants to critique/comment on my play it'd be welcome. I personally think I played this pretty well, at the end I just didn't have the right cards to steal as much as I would have liked to. Open this, select all, copy and paste into replayer linked next. (http://home.comcast.net/~alex.kim/202T4338648.txt)
Watch it using this replayer. (http://teamfu.freeshell.org/replayer.html)

Jsb
06-24-2004, 12:06 PM
i watched it, all in all good stuff.
i might think of more later, but since it just ended the one thing that sticks out in my mind is when big blind was 300 and you had A10, and the button had raised to 900, i think i would have reraised all in there. or used the stop and go, since you had the position to do that, not sure. just IMO.
all in all good stuff.
one question i had, i always have trouble with flush draws. i let them go most of the time, they never really seem to pan out for me. when is it right and when is it not right to stay in with a flush draw?

ddubois
06-24-2004, 03:07 PM
Yeah, folding the AT 3-handed surprised me.

ThePopinjay
06-24-2004, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, folding the AT 3-handed surprised me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea that probably was a mistake. I spent a long time on that, almost let my time run down. I somehow convinced myself that he had a hand. In retrospect, it was a mistake.

ThePopinjay
06-24-2004, 04:32 PM
For flush draws I use first look at the pot odds. If I have pot odds to call the next card then I am going to. Unless I have seen my opponent constantly play a lot of suited cards, I may fold if I have a weak flush draw. (Flop to Turn odds to hit: 4.2/1 Turn to River odds to hit: 4.1/1). Or if the call I have to make isn't a significant part of my stack (a 40 bet into a 40 pot I will call) because of the implied odds of when I hit I can most of the time get paid off.

Sam T.
06-24-2004, 04:35 PM
Two things of note:

1) The spectacularly bad play early on. Are these folks letting their cats play for them?
2) The limp with AKo. Is it because it was early? Or due to your position? Just curious.

ThePopinjay
06-24-2004, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Two things of note:

1) The spectacularly bad play early on. Are these folks letting their cats play for them?
2) The limp with AKo. Is it because it was early? Or due to your position? Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I limped UTG with AKo because of a few reasons. I have a significantly big stack, and I don't want to invest too much into the hand with AKo out of position. Plus I prefer to be the caller with AKo, not the aggressor.

I'm not so sure if limping was the right play. I tend to play AKo pretty weakly. It's an unmade hand, so I prefer to see flops with it, rather than risk a lot preflop. By limping I was able to see the flop for a significant, but not that large amount. If I don't hit on the flop I can get out. This may have backfired had the preflop raising been holding something like AA/KK and an A/K hit the flop.