PDA

View Full Version : Blind Steal Hand

Schneids
06-24-2004, 03:18 AM
Party 10/20

Playing 6-tables so who has time for reads? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I raise Ah3s on the button, SB 3-bets, I call.

Flop 7s4s2s. SB bets, I call. Lets say I've been making raises with these types of flops often enough lately that I considered it better to only call. If we want to debate whether raising or calling is better that's fine, but I think in this spot with past history calling was better.

Turn Ts. SB checks, I check.

River some non-spade. SB bets, I call.

This is the most reasonable HU turn/river combo, correct?

Guido
06-24-2004, 04:38 AM
I think so... I would play exactly the same way.

6 tables /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Guido

Ian J
06-24-2004, 02:14 PM
I like it, you can't bet the turn. You can't fold the river.

samdash
06-24-2004, 03:58 PM
Its hard to restrain yourself from raising on these flops when you're going to call anyway. I think it might be the right play regardless of how they try to react though. What kinds of hands will he 3 bet preflop? Some players only do it with big end hands even in the steal scenario. If he will 3 bet with a variety of hands though, I think its worth a raise just to try to push him off a bigger ace with no spade. Is he really going to call you down with AQ hearts here? One problem is getting reraised on the flop - the pot is now big enough that you at least have to look at the turn, and you've cost yourself a BB. This is where player notes/poker tracker can really come in handy because the way to play this after the flop is highly opponent dependant. Are you really playing 6 shorthanded tables at once? or a mix? The check on the turn usually means no spade or Ace of spades, so you're probably correct in taking a free and only calling the river.

Schneids
06-24-2004, 04:33 PM
Good analysis.

[ QUOTE ]
Are you really playing 6 shorthanded tables at once? or a mix?

[/ QUOTE ]

Four shorts and two fulls. Cake.

Trix
06-24-2004, 05:41 PM
I would bet the turn here if you can fold to a check-raise as he has 8 outs to a split if you are ahead.

Guido
06-24-2004, 05:54 PM
When he is ahead he doesn't have 8 flush outs...

Guido

gonores
06-24-2004, 08:44 PM
Depending on the seriousness of your post, perhaps this is jsut as much of a reason for your dropping in earn as anything else...I'm not sure if the 10/20 (at least the weekday games) are playable w/o any sort of reads. I know the counter argument of pokertracker, but still...

Anywho, this hand is well-played without a read. Betting the turn seems to be an exercise in futility. River is a clear call. Oh yeah...the flop call...simply beautiful. Raising this flop is soooooo 2003.