PDA

View Full Version : The supermarket

J_V
06-24-2004, 02:18 AM
I'm trying to figure out if any guy in the history of the world has managed to meet a girl at the supermarket.

I was doing some shopping and I found the idea pretty funny. First off, no straight guy "strolls" through the market. I have a list. BBQ sauce, beer, brats, steaks, and A1. I know where it all is and if it takes more than 8 minutes, someone F***ed up. There's problem number one.

However were I to see Jessica Alba fondling a bunch of green bananas, what would I say. What would I do? Ram her w/ my grocery cart? Or do I slide in and say, "Hey Jess, I'm no expert, but waiting a day or two on those bananas might be a good idea. I've found they taste best when yellow."

Let's say I were to land that ZINGER. How do I go from grocery expertise to going out w/ her next Saturday. Seems like an impossible leap even for you twoplustwo studs.

Well, check that, maybe a young AndyFox could pull it off.

Anyone pull it off?

astroglide
06-24-2004, 02:42 AM
i've done it once, just a number, but i can't for the life of me remember anything about it except the specific grocery store and the fact that it was in the soup aisle.

J_V
06-24-2004, 02:53 AM
Here's Glenn's take.

ClWhirly: supermarket?
ClWhirly: come on bro
ClWhirly: childs play
OneputtJV: please
ClWhirly: just hang out by the home pregnancy tests
ClWhirly: you know they put out
ClWhirly: and if a girl is stroking some bananas
ClWhirly: say "can i video tape you doing that and sell it on the internet"
ClWhirly: either she'll think your funny or she'll kick you in the nuts
ClWhirly: either way she touches your genitals though

He gives seminars too.

Michael Davis
06-24-2004, 07:03 AM
I couldn't pull off a pickup at a whorehouse, but wouldn't you just try and start the same random, irrelevant conversation that you would anywhere else?

I'm disheartened to learn that straight guys always have a list when going through the store. I need to do some serious self-analysis /images/graemlins/frown.gif

-Michael

sfer
06-24-2004, 10:01 AM
I've heard stories that the Marina Safeway was THE pickup spot on something like Tuesday nights in San Francisco in the 70s.

stripsqueez
06-24-2004, 10:52 AM
take a child of not more than say 2 years of age to the supermarket with you

i guarantee you will score like a bandit

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

bdk3clash
06-24-2004, 11:47 AM
I order my groceries online via FreshDirect (http://www.freshdirect.com). There is clearly some symbolism there as it relates to this discussion.

sfer
06-24-2004, 11:56 AM
I heard you use FreshDirect because you kept getting lost in the supermarket.

Bah-dumb-bump.

Boris
06-24-2004, 11:59 AM
I've heard the Marina Safeway is still a meat market. I think singles night is Thursday though. I have no first hand experience.

bdk3clash
06-24-2004, 12:06 PM
I can no longer shop happily.

In other me/Clash related news, I am getting a tattoo on Saturday based on the on the cover of London Calling (see my avatar) here (http://www.inkstoptattoonyc.com/).

Seriously. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sfer
06-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Cool. You can walk 2 blocks to Hi-Fi afterward and monopolize the jukebox by playing every album, start to finish.

TJSWAN
06-24-2004, 04:12 PM
How about delivering a pizza? 19 years seems so long ago............

Tim /images/graemlins/wink.gif

J_V
06-24-2004, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
take a child of not more than say 2 years of age to the supermarket with you

[/ QUOTE ]

Where can I rent one?

People say dogs work the same way. They are easier than kids too.

It's sort've like going out w/ your girlfriend somewhere. Seems like you could get any girl in the joint. Go back alone, and you're just another schmuck. [censored] broads.

RocketManJames
06-24-2004, 06:59 PM
I've never picked up anyone from a supermarket... But, I've definitely seen it happen. So, I'm with a buddy of mine at Costco, and this pretty fine older lady is behind us in line. My buddy said something semi-funny to me (can't remember what any more). The lady laughs a bit, and so he strikes up a conversation, etc. Next thing you know, we finish our checking out, and they're still jabbering. I walk to the car with stuff, and he shows up with her number. They went out a few times, but nothing ever really became of it.

So, in short... YES, it does happen.

-RMJ

TimTimSalabim
06-24-2004, 07:41 PM
That guy in "Animal House" picked up the woman stroking the cucumber. Oh, wait, you're talking real life, never mind.

bdk3clash
06-26-2004, 09:24 PM
It's currently a bloody, irritated mess, but here's a picture of the aforementioned tattoo.

http://photoshop.superdownloads.net/uploads/FlippedTattoo.jpg

The redness/purpleness is a result of blood and irritated skin and will (hopefully) go away relatively soon. It should (again, hopefully) heal up quite nicely.

PS-Note that I took the picture in a mirror, hence the "backwardness."

EDIT-The picture is no longer backwards.

sfer
06-26-2004, 10:20 PM
That looks...painful.

bdk3clash
06-26-2004, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That looks...painful.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't that bad. It felt like...a sharp needle puncturing my flesh several thousand times per minute.

BeerMoney
06-26-2004, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm disheartened to learn that straight guys always have a list when going through the store. I need to do some serious self-analysis /images/graemlins/frown.gif

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry about it, lists are for anal-retentive pussies.

daryn
06-27-2004, 02:57 AM
that tattoo is awesome, love it.

J_V
06-27-2004, 03:04 AM
It's more of a mental list, but I'm afraid Michael goes to the grocery store to "shop."

Garbonzo
06-28-2004, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to figure out if any guy in the history of the world has managed to meet a girl at the supermarket.

I was doing some shopping and I found the idea pretty funny. First off, no straight guy "strolls" through the market. I have a list. BBQ sauce, beer, brats, steaks, and A1. I know where it all is and if it takes more than 8 minutes, someone F***ed up. There's problem number one.

However were I to see Jessica Alba fondling a bunch of green bananas, what would I say. What would I do? Ram her w/ my grocery cart? Or do I slide in and say, "Hey Jess, I'm no expert, but waiting a day or two on those bananas might be a good idea. I've found they taste best when yellow."

Let's say I were to land that ZINGER. How do I go from grocery expertise to going out w/ her next Saturday. Seems like an impossible leap even for you twoplustwo studs.

Well, check that, maybe a young AndyFox could pull it off.

Anyone pull it off?

[/ QUOTE ]

It works, it's one of the best places around.