PDA

View Full Version : Jacks causing trouble again

edge
06-24-2004, 01:35 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (8 handed)

UTG (t2775)
UTG+1 (t2865)
MP1 (t2000)
MP2 (t915)
CO (t605)
Hero (t1400)
SB (t1380)
BB (t1560)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls t100, MP2 folds, CO calls t100, Hero calls t100, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t500) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB bets t200, MP1 folds, CO folds, Hero raises to t1300, SB folds, BB calls t1100.

Turn: (t3100) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (t3100) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t3100

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB doesn't show.
Hero shows Jd Jc (two pair, jacks and fives).
Outcome: Hero wins t3100.
Err... the converter messed this up. He had 85 for the flopped two pair with a free look from the BB.</font>

I was really torn between limping and raising preflop, with two limpers before me, and I decided to take a look at the flop before committing myself to the pot.

Is this a push preflop? I had a fairly tight image, but I'm pretty sure I would have gotten at least one call from someone with an Ace. Raising 3xBB would probably knock out the blinds, but the limpers would likely call, and I'd be in bad shape if I lost the pot. If I wanted to raise any more than 3xBB, I might as well push.

Potowame
06-24-2004, 02:48 AM
sounds like you played it pretty weak, noone showed any strength in this hand preflop. You can't fear raising the pot from the best position on the table, good lord alot of players would push with nothing with two limpers from middle. I think You push if you get called and you win it gives you more chances to steal the blinds, because they will think that you do have a hand. I don't think someone limped to you with QQ-AA, or AK AQ I would have to feel pretty far ahead at that point. If you let 5 people see the flop you will hardly ever win with JJ. imo