PDA

View Full Version : What's the +EV move here?

obex
06-24-2004, 12:31 AM
This is the first hand of 3-way action. Both opponents have been playing solid and seemingly appropriately aggressive. Please explain your reasoning, especially if you can do the math here.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (3 handed)

SB (t6250)
BB (t1040)
Hero (t2710)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t800</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises to t6250 (All-In)</font>, BB calls t740 (All-In),

Jsb
06-24-2004, 12:40 AM
i can't do the math or anything, but for me this is a definite push, unless for some reason i'm absolutely positive that one of them is holding aces or kings. if you win this you are in very good position to take first, and AK is a good hand to get all in preflop with. aim for first, settle for third, screw second.

edge
06-24-2004, 01:39 AM
I'm definitely calling (pushing) here. If I don't, and the short stack wins, we're approximately tied (I actually drop to third place). If I call, and the big stack wins it, I still end up in second.

If I call here, I have two chances to take second (me or the big stack winning), and one chance to take third. Considering that the short stack is probably calling with almost anything at this point, I think it's a definite call.