PDA

View Full Version : help me learn. thin river value bet or stay out of trouble

bicyclekick
06-23-2004, 11:51 PM
No notes on either player in the hand. This game just came together after the

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.66 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8.33 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (11.33 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero ?

Final Pot: 11.33 BB

Michael Davis
06-24-2004, 12:00 AM
I would bet here every time. I will be corrected.

-Michael

Clarkmeister
06-24-2004, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet here every time. I will be corrected.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Not by me, you won't.

Richie Rich
06-24-2004, 06:39 PM
Against two opponents who have called you down this far, I doubt your river "value bet" (if you want to call it that) will induce both of them to fold. Check it down and pray that they missed their draws/overcards. Although with that A out there...

badinfluence
06-24-2004, 06:44 PM
Bet ... everyday ... twice on sundays.

Bandorn
06-24-2004, 07:48 PM
Im curiuos about the preflop raise? Seems kinda loose. With 2 callers in early position. But Im trying to rethink my whole playing stratigy.

Id check the river. A ACE on the turn, with 2 callers in early position. Against 1 maybe, But yuo got no read yet on either. Dont push thin margins, till there better defined. Id say say your 50/50 for a C-R here, expected it on turn.

Im thinking UTG and UTG+1 is offstride being 3 handed and game just started! Wait Till yuo get YUOR read on them first.

Michael Davis
06-24-2004, 07:50 PM
Look for a recent skp post where he discussed not raising this hand in this situation. However, if your opponents are bad instead of tough players, you have to raise 99.

-Michael

TimTimSalabim
06-24-2004, 07:58 PM
Check it down. That way you get to see at least one of their hands, and now you have some notes on them.

slavic
06-24-2004, 09:16 PM
6 red chips are going in on the river by me. I fully expect an 8 to dial me up much more often than Ax calls to the end.

bicyclekick
06-25-2004, 03:31 AM
I checked behind and MHIG. They both had high card...least I got to see their hand.

UTG had 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG+1 had 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

DeeJ
06-25-2004, 04:45 AM
Ugh. At least 62 had 8 outs and could chase with single small bets. 97 needs the flush or a gutshot - are you folding to a bet diamond on the river?

bicyclekick
06-25-2004, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ugh. At least 62 had 8 outs and could chase with single small bets. 97 needs the flush or a gutshot - are you folding to a bet diamond on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

no

Joe Tall
06-25-2004, 12:50 PM
I don't even think it's thin after the turn.

Peace,
Joe Tall

skp
06-25-2004, 05:14 PM
If there's something that should hold you back from value betting the river, it's the 5 that came on the river and not the ace that came on the turn.

UTG coldcalled two bets on the flop and then did not checkraise you on the turn. You can rule out him having an Ace. UTG+1 checkraised you on the flop and then checkcalled you on the turn, you can rule out him having an Ace.

The 5 may have helped either one of them. But you should still bet.

If the river was a ten, Jack, queen, King...then you have a much easier value bet on the river as compared to the river 5. This because there really is no way any of those cards could have hit your opponents' hands given their checkcall on the turn when the Ace came. The flip side of this though is that it is less likely that you will be called by an 8 because he will be looking at two overcards on the board to his 8. You should bet though because I swear...lots of guys will convince themselves that you could have raised preflop with KJ on the 458AQ board).