PDA

View Full Version : Laying down trips and an all in with sevens

spacemonkey57
06-23-2004, 11:40 PM
Can I get some feedback on these two. I'm in the process of donating last weeks profits back into the internet poker community and I want to figure out whether I'm having lousy luck or playing like a schmuck. On hand one at first I didn't see any way I could call the all in with the four card straight on the board against two opponents. The more I think about it the more I think he would have tried to trap me if he'd actually made the straight, unless he was scared of the flush. Hand two is the one I got bounced on. My money went in with the best of it, but should it have gone in at all? I wanted to raise more than 3x the bb, but that would have been almost 40% of my stack so I just pushed. Sorry about the pokerroom HHs. Thanks.

Pokerroom 10+1 Sit N Go BB is t50

Seat 1: eric2yzew4 ($2,870 in chips)
Seat 2: ghughes1 ($1,440 in chips)
Seat 3: Chi57 [ 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,10 /images/graemlins/club.gif ] ($1,505 in chips)
Seat 4: MakinIt ($1,605 in chips)
Seat 5: AuntiMame ($3,605 in chips)
Seat 6: 77Bullets ($1,210 in chips)
Seat 9: ScottyRoxx ($1,230 in chips)
Seat 10: Bear Slims ($1,535 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
Bear Slims posts blind ($25), eric2yzew4 posts blind ($50).

PRE-FLOP
ghughes1 calls $50, Chi57 calls $50, MakinIt folds, AuntiMame folds, 77Bullets calls $50, ScottyRoxx calls $50, Bear Slims folds, eric2yzew4 checks.

FLOP [board cards 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
eric2yzew4 checks, ghughes1 bets $50, Chi57 bets $250, 77Bullets folds, ScottyRoxx folds, eric2yzew4 calls $250, ghughes1 calls $200.

TURN [board cards 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,8 /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
eric2yzew4 checks, ghughes1 bets $1,140 and is all-in, Chi57 folds, eric2yzew4 folds.

SHOWDOWN
ghughes1 wins $2,165

Seat 1: eric2yzew4 ($4,785 in chips)
Seat 3: Chi57 [ 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ] ($1,280 in chips)
Seat 4: MakinIt ($1,505 in chips)
Seat 5: AuntiMame ($3,580 in chips)
Seat 6: 77Bullets ($1,060 in chips)
Seat 9: ScottyRoxx ($1,280 in chips)
Seat 10: Bear Slims ($1,510 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
77Bullets posts blind ($75), ScottyRoxx posts blind ($150).

PRE-FLOP
Bear Slims folds, eric2yzew4 calls $150, Chi57 bets $1,280 and is all-in, MakinIt folds, AuntiMame folds, 77Bullets folds, ScottyRoxx folds, eric2yzew4 calls $1,130.

FLOP [board cards 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,3 /images/graemlins/club.gif,5 /images/graemlins/club.gif ]

TURN [board cards 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,3 /images/graemlins/club.gif,5 /images/graemlins/club.gif,J /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]

RIVER [board cards 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,3 /images/graemlins/club.gif,5 /images/graemlins/club.gif,J /images/graemlins/spade.gif,9 /images/graemlins/club.gif ]

SHOWDOWN
Chi57 shows [ 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
eric2yzew4 shows [ K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
eric2yzew4 wins $2,785.

Phill S
06-24-2004, 06:51 AM
the first hand id sayis a on the spot judgement. i think the most likely hand to have you beat is A7 of spades. although if thats true would he have raised all in. i tihnk it was a well laid semi bluff, probably with a draw to a higher straight or the flush. sometimes you have to lay down winners...

i owuldnt of popped so little on the flop. for me id have raised more or slowplayed for maximum kill. id play the first way to make the draws pay for it, the second id be looking for the kill, i leave a cheap draw to the flush but i can get away cheaply if it feels wrong. again, my play is very much dependant on my feel of the table. i play on instinct as much as anything.

the second hand id say he was a fool to call. he had to think he was getting the worst of it. however as top stack he proably saw it as his duty to try and kill you. you got unlucky, but i wouldnt of played too different. as short stack you must take chances. you got the best of the deck and it didnt go your way. it happens