PDA

View Full Version : Flopped set in sit and go... how would you play this??

snowbank
06-23-2004, 09:04 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed)

MP2 (t1870)
MP3 (t1490)
CO (t1380)
Button (t1470)
SB (t1480)
Hero (t1500)
UTG (t1460)
UTG+1 (t920)
MP1 (t1930)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls t20, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t60) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets t80, MP1 calls t80, SB folds.

Turn: (t220) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 bets t100, Hero calls t100.

River: (t420) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 bets t500, Hero raises to t1300, MP1 calls t800.

Final Pot: t3020

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 2c 2d (full house, twos full of nines).
MP1 shows As Qs (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins t3020. </font>

jslag
06-23-2004, 09:57 PM
I like your play here... however in a lot of cases I may go for a check-raise on the flop here. Most of the time your opponent will not have flopped his flush like that, and you want to make him pay more if he's drawing out. That said, this worked out nicely since he smooth called you on the flop and didn't bet very strongly on the turn (he should have bet a lot more on the turn). You also might consider a check-call on the flop since your opponent already made his nut flush, he's going to slow-play it 90% of the time. You overbet the flop, and he called. If you had checked, he might have just bet the pot or less to keep others in and you would have saved 20 chips there.

/images/graemlins/spade.gif jslag /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hood
06-24-2004, 04:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You also might consider a check-call on the flop since your opponent already made his nut flush

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. You don't anyone made the flush, I'd mainly worry about someone drawing to it. I like the overbet to make people pay for their draws. I guess you were 'lucky' the guy decided to slowplay, because if he'd made a real raise on the flop you'd have to lay it down.

I like your play throughout this hand. With the turn call you didn't quite have the odds (10 outs, 46 cards remaining, 1:3.6, pot was laying you 100:330, 1:3.3) but the implied odds are huge, so this is an easy call.

I think you played it just right. Again, you were, I guess, 'lucky' that your opponent slowplayed on the flop and gave you good odds on the turn to draw to your full/quads.

jslag
06-24-2004, 07:11 AM
Yeah, looking back at the check-call comment, I don't know why I made it. It would only make sense if you knew he had the flush already and you knew he would give you proper odds to draw with a call, which is basically never the case.

TEBPilot
06-24-2004, 05:29 PM
I think your play is very good here. Your opponents play is very bad however. His very small bet of T100 allowed you to complete your full house on the river. If he had made a big bet on the turn it would have been very difficult to call with 4 spades showing. This is why you do not slowplay a monster like this.

SDA004
06-24-2004, 05:54 PM
I think the play post flop was correct. At the turn, like everyone else has said, you just got lucky that your opponent made a terrible bet. His call on the flop showed he either had the flush or was drawing to it. Can't say you made any mistakes though.

My question to you is if he would have re raised after the flop what would you have done? If he had raised at least a pot sized raise at the turn what would you have done?