PDA

View Full Version : How stupid was I?

UCF THAYER
06-23-2004, 06:07 PM
The reason i called was because if i hit the flop well, id be in great shape for 1st. Of course i only hit the flop marginally at best, but i see the 2000 chips already in the middle, and decided to push and pick up the pot. How dumb was it? Be honest.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed)

BB (t2340)
UTG (t2340)
Button (t2680)
Hero (t2640)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG raises to t600, Button calls t600, Hero calls t450, BB calls t300.

Flop: (t2400) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero bets t2040 (All-In), BB folds, UTG folds, Button calls t2040.

Turn: (t6480) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t6480) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t6480
<font color="green">Main Pot: t6480 (t6480), between Button and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button (t6480).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Button shows Qh Tc (one pair, tens).
Hero shows Ts 9s (one pair, tens).
Outcome: Button wins t6480. </font>

Colby818
06-23-2004, 06:18 PM
My answer to your post is this: Were I your opponent, and you played that exactly like you did, I'd put you on 10-?. My question as your opponent is to guess how far down the range you'd go. Reason being most players will slow play if they hit trips there. There is a reasonable chance you might do that with two pair I suppose. Still, I think most people will assume that you are basically playing a pair of 10's.

It's funny, as I write this I understand the wisdom of Strasser always saying his theory is push, push, push. Were you doing that, I wouldn't have much of a read on what you'd push with, and I'd be more afraid to call with 10-Q.

That aside, if you would normally just raise me to take down a pot, I actually read the allin as a slightly worse hand than the raise. It's not always true, but I find that most people(at least at the lower limits) will min.raise to get action the bigger their hand is and push the smaller their hand is in an attempt to take down the pot.

Maybe I'm too tight, but I wouldn't have even called that hand with two people in the pot were I not already in for the small blind. I'd probably complete the small blind though and then hope it checks around and see if I can get reinforcements.

kenstall
06-23-2004, 06:53 PM
I don't mind the PF call. This is a great multiway hand and 2 of the other 3 were already in with the BB getting correct odds to call behind you, so it's 3-1 with a good chance of 4.33-1.

As is always the case with hands like this, if you can't lay down top pair no kicker then you're just asking for trouble. I'd check here and see what others do.

Potowame
06-23-2004, 07:02 PM
Well, I think your preflop idea was okay, but you went kinda crazy after that. Should have followed through with your plan.
To me, and its hard to say because I have no feel for how you played to this point, You advertised that I have a weak Ten or Flush/str8 draw and didn't want any other cards to come off. The reason that the Q10 more than likley felt his hand was good, You showed no strength preflop, and let four players see the flop. K10? A10 no way four handed In most cases this would be a push to take that pot down preflop. If you hit trips, unlikley, or two pair (possible) they would take thier chances. You may get the Q10 to fold 25% or less of the time. JMO