PDA

View Full Version : PokerTracker: VPIP total vs. VPIP by pos vs. Saw Flop not in a Blind

TXTiger
06-23-2004, 06:04 PM
My VPIP total is really inflated by the sb number. My VPIP total is 18.5. But if I look at VPIP by position it starts at 8-9 in ep and goes up to 16.5 on the button. So even on the button I am not seeing the 18.5 that my total number tells me I am. So I wonder if the VPIP number is the one I should be looking at.

If I go to the more detail section my Saw Flop not in a Blind number is 11.6. This seems like I am playing too tight, but I have always looked at the 18.5 total VPIP number and thought that I was doing OK.

So am I playing to tight? And does anyone have other comments on VPIP total vs. VPIP by position vs. Saw Flop not in a Blind?

xmrstyle
06-24-2004, 05:50 AM
my vpip is 36, but I play very poorly
look at bb/100 and $won, thats what is important /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sully
06-24-2004, 10:45 AM
This is a really good question - I looked at my stats, and have a very similar distribution. Does anyone know what would constitute tight / loose as far as a "saw flop not a blind" number?

I feel like I play a little too loose in the blinds (especially after the flop)....my numbers are 12.58 / 17.06.

Anyone?

DcifrThs
06-24-2004, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my vpip is 36, but I play very poorly
look at bb/100 and $won, thats what is important /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

id almost have to assume that # is negative if you're playing limit holdem and are consistently VPIP 36%. if not then you've had a good run.

-Barron