PDA

View Full Version : Highly aggitated, and not sure what to do

fireman664
06-23-2004, 03:45 PM
several nights ago I played in a party $30+3 multi. After several hours, we were down to 15 players (out of 90ish) when part froze. Not all of party, but just our tourney. They told us to hang tight, and they would fix the problem shortly. It was then that i noticed that i couldnt chat at my table, but I could at the other table (we were down to 2 tables). After 45 minutes, play started again. When the action came to me (holding AK ofcourse) I couldnt act, and it folded me saying I was disconnected. I logged off and back on, and couldnt even get to my table. Meanwhile from the lobby, i watched as I was getting my stack sucked off (I was in 7th place, right on the chip average) I called the 1800 #, and was told they couldnt help, that i needed to send an e-mail to get an immediate response. Of course I didnt get a response for several hours, and by then I had finished in 10th (somehow in the money). Party's latest reply to me said "well our records show you made it to the money". My argument is that I have won 2 out of the last 6 I have entered, and have made the final table all 6 times (once wasnt in the money though). My question is what should I be asking for? I feel very confident I would have done better than 10th, and this was a problem with their software, not my connection. Has anyone ever had a situation in a tourney like this. I told party I may not ever be able to play in a tourney their again if I cant trust the fact they wont boot me out after several hours of poker. Thanks for any help

SossMan
06-23-2004, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue"> My argument is that I have won 2 out of the last 6 I have entered, and have made the final table all 6 times (once wasnt in the money though). </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be the lukiest person on earth.

tripdad
06-23-2004, 06:46 PM
i'm not sure i've EVER seen a $30+3 multi with only 90ish players registered on partypoker.com. you sure you weren't playing the 3-table s&amp;g? or maybe it started at like 4:00am or something.

cheers!

fireman664
06-23-2004, 09:05 PM
it was the middle of the day on Monday. Last week one only had 42 people register, and only paid top 5. And about the luckiest ever, I am not claiming anything other than running REALLY good.....but what about getting bumped off the table. Isnt this a travesty? What if I got blinded out and didnt finish in the money?

davidross
06-23-2004, 09:57 PM
I'd be annoyed too, but this is the risk we take whn we play online. If the others were able to continue and you weren't it's much more likely to be a problem at your end and not theirs.

When I've had problems like this, I've had to disconnect, reboot and connect again and that has always worked for me. If you could see the tables going but couldn't connect, I'm positive it was your machine that was the problem. Tough break, but i don't se ehow Party is responsible for it.

fireman664
06-23-2004, 10:50 PM
they have already accepted responsibility (and appologized)on their end (they didnt give details). It has happened to me before, just like you said it had to you, but this time it didnt work to reboot (I have no idea why) I could play any table, other than the tourney table. Weird. They are suppose to get back to me tomorrow on their "solution". I'll be happy if I get anything out of it lol ps, loved your posts