PDA

View Full Version : Pushing with a short stack

Troy92
06-23-2004, 03:44 PM
It’s been a tight 3-table tourney on Party. We are already to blinds of 75/150 and still have 14 players left. I am on the button shortstacked with just T450. The blinds are average stacks at just over T2000 each. I have T9o and everyone else has folded. I had already stolen off of these guys before and the 225 in chips looked quite tempting so I push all-in.

Was this a good spot to take a chance or was it too aggressive?

What would you think of a similar push if we were down to a single table of 7 players with the top 5 making the money and two of the other players who folded before me were down to 2xBB and 4xBB.?

Would it make a difference if it was T9 suited?

The Prince
06-23-2004, 03:59 PM
Hi,

it depends on your image, your opponents and your history with them. If the conditions are right, then pushing here is fine. And being suited really does not change anyting.

As for your other question, it's hard to say, but I would typically wait under these circumstances.

Regards,

Nicolas Fradet (The Prince)
www.wptinsider.com (http://www.wptinsider.com)

MVicuna
06-23-2004, 05:49 PM
Hi,

You waited to long, You should have been pushing all in with almost anything when you down to 5xBB with the so long to go.

If your goal is to make the money only, then waiting is fine, but I doubt you make the money so short stacked.

Keep pushing till you get knocked out.

MarkV.