PDA

View Full Version : Help with playing blinds

topspinner
06-23-2004, 12:50 PM
Looking over my stats, I think I am too loose in playing the blinds. I am winning at all positions except the sb and bb and basically, I have lost combined in the bb and sb the total that I have won from the other positions. In general I am seeing the flop overall 28%, in the bb 74% and in the SB 50%. I am playing in your typical 1-2 party games where about 36% are see the flop and 5% of the hands are raised preflop. What should your percentage be of hands seeing the flop in the sb be? Are there any guidelines that you use to play from the SB? Should you just play like your hand is in the early position, middle position, late? I tend to see the flop if I have 5 or 6 limpers in front and have anything halfway decent, hoping for a good flop, If I dont get the flop I get out. Is that being too loose. Any opinions would be appreciated.

csuf_gambler
06-23-2004, 04:22 PM
lee jones says to play any suited, any connected, any ace or king in the SB, with enough callers of course

Warik
06-23-2004, 05:12 PM
Nobody nobody nobody wins money from the blinds int he longrun. Think about it: you're being forced to put money in with what will be a crappy hand 80% of the time in the 2 worst positions.

The best thing that you can do is reduce the amount of money you lose from the blinds. I've shown a net loss of $2k from my small blind, but it would have been $6k if I had been posting & folding all the time - and likely higher if I just play any two cards.

For low limits with a decent number of limpers, you can play things like medium to big unsuited connectors and any two suited cards. As the limits go up, you'll find fewer limpers and uglier blind structures, so you'll want to tighten your SB completion standards.

Don't worry about losing money from the blinds. I'd say to worry if you were winning from the blinds because you'd be looking at a downswing soon. /images/graemlins/smile.gif