PDA

View Full Version : On the Bubble with Pocket Aces

Turkish
06-23-2004, 12:04 PM
This happened in a tournament quite a few months ago. 90 or so people with 100$ buyin and 50$ rebuys the first hour and an additional 50$ add-on at end of hour 1. Everyone starts with 5k Tournament chips. The blinds are ridiculous and pretty much make it impossible to play normally. The first hour goes by smoothly. I pick up KK and raise to 1000 in the sb. BB who I would call, decent, pushes all in and has me covered. I call and he shows AQs. He doesn't improve and im up to 10,000. Only other hand I played: Picked up AK in middle position, raised to 1000 and was called by a player who we will name, "old and bad." Interesting side note, this player rebought at least 6 times in the first hour. Anyways flops comes K high, he checks and I push..He folds.. At the break i'm at 12,000. I decide to add on for some breathing room and start hour 2 at 17,000.

I'm playing rock tight for the most part and then super aggressive when I pick up anything. After hour 2 I'm at about 30k and were down to about 4 tables. I continue to play tight and am not seeing many cards. The blinds are making it impossible to not feel short stacked, even though my stack is growing at a better than average rate I feel. Blinds are up to around 3k-6k and im at around 25, I pick up 1010 and push UTG, Only to get immediately called by player who I will soon deem "young and bad." Everyone else folds and he flips over Kj off...Really? More than half your stack? Flop comes K xx and I start shaking hands. I hit no 10 and start to walk away when someone says, "Hey, he has a flush!" My eyes get big and I look at the board, 4 clubs! Nice! I'm alive again and healthy. Dealer was ready to muck my hand, nice job.

Down to 2 tables and im blinded down to about 40k. I'm playing tight but I get caught making my first "move" of the tournament. 6 left at my table and I get K10 off UTG. Blinds are 5-10. I push hoping to take it down as were about two people away from the final table and I really need some ammo. MP thinks for awhile and calls. I have him covered, barely. He flips Kq and I'm thinking, nice tournament guys. Board comes x x x x 10. ! Hah, It's nice to get luck now and then. A few minutes later Tables condense. 10 left, with top 9 getting paid. Chip leader has about 300k. I'm sitting with about 100k with blinds at 10-20. About two hands in i lose my bb to a preflop raise. I post sb with 70 behind, and look down at the black aces.

Hand:
Mp(average player) calls 20,000. CO(big stack and awful) also calls 20,000. Action to me. I don't have too many options here as i'm pretty much short stacked. I push all-in making it 80 to go. BB folds, mp folds, CO calls quickly. I flip and he shows A3 of spades. Really? Flop falls 226 no spades, and i'm looking in great shape to have a big stack and a chance at top 3. Turn 5, River... 4...Needless to say I didn't sleep too well that night.

Also, as if that wasn't fair enough, my friend "old and bad" who busted six times in the first hour ended up splitting it 3 way for about 3000 a person

AceKQJT
06-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Check the deck...too many black aces in there

Tosh
06-23-2004, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check the deck...too many black aces in there

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow well spotted.

Turkish
06-23-2004, 12:50 PM
Hah, nice catch. Make it 1 black ace then, and way to pick out the most relevant part of the story.

37offsuit
06-23-2004, 01:10 PM
Well, you did what you were supposed to do and it didn't work out. You sucked out twice on the river to get there, so...

Turkish
06-23-2004, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, you did what you were supposed to do and it didn't work out. You sucked out twice on the river to get there, so...

[/ QUOTE ]

Words of Wisdom

Tosh
06-23-2004, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hah, nice catch. Make it 1 black ace then, and way to pick out the most relevant part of the story.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair that is the most relevant part of the story. I am unsure what you want people to say in general?

Turkish
06-23-2004, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair that is the most relevant part of the story. I am unsure what you want people to say in general?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually your right on, as this is exactly what I was looking for. Bad feedback will always be better than no feedback in my book. How's my grammar?

Tosh
06-23-2004, 02:07 PM
What bad feedback? You know you played the last hand the only possible way, do you want sympathy or is it just a trip report? I honestly don't know.

Turkish
06-23-2004, 02:18 PM
Hehe.. I was just telling a story big dawg, and that's all. Certainly nothing to get worked up about..I realize that no matter what you post on the forum, someone will find some way to attack it, so I guess I was just expecting or rather hoping for something a little more creative.

Tosh
06-23-2004, 02:21 PM
Sounds like you are itching to start an argument, sorry you'll have to look elsewhere.

Turkish
06-23-2004, 02:22 PM
And Turkish is sad /images/graemlins/frown.gif

SossMan
06-23-2004, 03:00 PM
Should've folded preflop.

Is that what you wanted to hear?

Turkish
06-23-2004, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should've folded preflop.

Is that what you wanted to hear?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thatta boy.

AJo Go All In
06-23-2004, 04:28 PM
this story is made up. i know this because it is statistically impossible for AA to lose to As3s when you are all-in before the flop.

Tyler Durden
06-23-2004, 05:12 PM
Good answer.