PDA

View Full Version : Why has transit to 3-6 from 2-4 been so difficult?

House-Lion
06-23-2004, 10:59 AM
I have been playing at 2-4 for several months, being quite aggressive and fairly tight, recently tightening up even more and also becomming more aggressive as well.

I'm pretty sure I have a winning play at 2-4 but somehow I end up loosing (often big) at 3-6 every time I try to play there or just barely breaking even...

The tables do not seem to be tighter, and there are some fish around, but also the pf-raising seems to be much more common, hence 3-6 seems more aggressive.

Also the blind-structure of 3+1 tightens up the play a bit.

Is there any general advice for me?

btw, I use the poker-tracker to keep an eye on my and the ops play, but unfortunatetly I do not have so much notes on the 3-6. When I see other people at the SD, they often have similar party-crap like on 2-4. That is there are a bunch of solid players and a bunch of loose ones and the occassional rocks.

Also at 3-6 my pf-raises gets less respect and semi-bluffing or bluffs are just called down with really crappy hands like the under-pocket-pair to the full board. I feel the way I play at 3-6 does not really differ from 2-4 except I am a much more tight in SB and gets less chances to limp in due to more pre-flop-raises.

turnipmonster
06-23-2004, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Is there any general advice for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

don't ever cold call a raise, muck trash like small pairs and KJ up front, and think about how many opponents your hand wants to have. preflop raisers are wrecking your implied odds, so in a tightish game you often aren't getting odds to play cards that you would in a looser game.

--turnipmonster